United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6221 days ago

227 posts - 259 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese, Malay, Italian

Message 17 of 20
15 December 2007 at 12:31pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for the help ryuukohito!

Now, for an actual log about what I've been doing. Honestly, I did not do a lot of studying two weeks ago because I was sick and lazy. But last week I did managed to get some things done.

Mandarin
I got to lesson 8 of crienglish.com's mandarin lessons. I had made vocabulary lists on my ipod so that I can look at the words during my free time (like on the bus to and from school, during commercials while I'm watching tv, and so on).

I downloaded the movie "The Banquet" in Mandarin with Chinese and English subtitles. I actually understood a couple of sentences and recognized a few characters in the movies. They were simple sentences but I understood them. :)

Malay
I kind of don't have lessons to follow so now I'm just doing stuff on my own. I try to blog about random stuff at least once a week. There's a guy that I talk to over at myhappyplanet.com who helps me with Malay and I help him with English. We exchange messages in both English and Malay. I found a skateboarding and an anime forum in Malay and I've been reading those a little. And I have also read a few blogs. I need to go and find some movies and tv shows in Malay to watch.
1 person has voted this message useful

bluejay390
Joined 6221 days ago

227 posts - 259 votes 

Message 18 of 20
14 January 2008 at 8:18am | IP Logged 
For a while there I had gotten off track with Mandarin. I was stuck at cri's lesson 14 for a while. However, I am back in the game. :) Right now I need to review the words from the previous lessons. Some I remember and others I don't. I've been writing the Chinese characters down in a notebook because I have found that it's helpful to me. I remember the characters easier.

A few days ago my computer crashed and I lost everything. So, I have to download Anki and Knuckles in China Land again. I lost all of my Malay flashcards for kicl too. :( I've been keeping up with Malay though, so it's fine.

ryuukohito
Bilingual Diglot
Groupie
Malaysia
Joined 6179 days ago

89 posts - 98 votes 
Speaks: EnglishC2*, Malay*
Studies: French, Japanese

Message 19 of 20
18 January 2008 at 6:12am | IP Logged 
If you are interested, bluejay390, one of these days, when I am less busy, I would be happy to post to you a Malay language dictionary, free of charge.

Edited by ryuukohito on 18 January 2008 at 6:12am

bluejay390
Joined 6221 days ago

227 posts - 259 votes 

Message 20 of 20
19 January 2008 at 12:04pm | IP Logged 
ryuukohito wrote:
If you are interested, bluejay390, one of these days, when I am less busy, I would be happy to post to you a Malay language dictionary, free of charge.

Really? That would be wonderful!

This discussion contains 20 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version