shih-chuan.blog.ntu.
Joined 6971 days ago

273 posts - 284 votes 
5 sounds
Studies: Taiwanese, Mandarin*, English, FrenchB2
Studies: Japanese, German, Turkish

Message 1 of 2
01 September 2007 at 7:45am | IP Logged 
I'm still not quite sure how well I do on this one. I'll have to find another native speaker to test myself in the recent future.
I'm going to focus on all four aspects: for grammar, I hope to be able to understand every common sentence structure I see on lyrics, news articles, and blog entries. For vocabulary, I just have to keep going. For speaking, hopefully I'll go to find a tutor in a few months and then things could really get goin. For listening, I'm hoping the radio session before sleep every night helps: I hope to be able to understand at least half of the news that I hear.
I hope by the time I finish high school (one year left) I can also elevate the proficiency of this language to basic fluency. It's not easy, and I'd be satisfied if by that time I have reached the level I'm now at in Japanese, then I can feel safe enough to start taking German, the next language I plan to learn.
1 person has voted this message useful

epingchris
Triglot
Taiwan
shih-chuan.blog.ntu.
Joined 6971 days ago

273 posts - 284 votes 
5 sounds
Studies: Taiwanese, Mandarin*, English, FrenchB2
Studies: Japanese, German, Turkish

Message 2 of 2
07 November 2007 at 6:54am | IP Logged 
I think "Le Petit Prince" is a wonderful material to practice with for beginning-intermediate level learners like me. To me, it contains simple sentence structures with some literary structures that aren't too complex to decipher; it uses mostly basic vocabulary with some advanced ones; it presents some passé simple, but without the terrifying past subjunctive/conditional. Not to mention it's a simple, elegant and beautiful story that's so easy to understand and strike a cord with a lot of people......
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version