Groupie
Israel
Joined 6150 days ago

43 posts - 44 votes
Speaks: Russian*, English, French
Studies: Japanese

Message 17 of 21
10 September 2007 at 11:43am | IP Logged 
Heisig - 369 Kanji. I've been busy during the weekend, and haven't added any new vocabulary, instead going through familiar sentence pattern in the workbook and putting my vocab list into iflash (which turned out to be great overall) :). Should memorise another 30-40 words today.
1 person has voted this message useful

Georgi87
Triglot
Groupie
Israel
Joined 6150 days ago

43 posts - 44 votes

Message 18 of 21
11 September 2007 at 3:43pm | IP Logged 
iFlash - 263 words, finally completed the switch from Excel!
Finishing Chapter 7 in Japanese for Busy People 2, finished chapter 5 in the workbook. I feel like I've been going too slowly in the past week, but right now, as I was halfway through chapter 7, everything just started making sense in a new way. Can't exactly describe it, but I guess I wasn't translating every single word, conjugating verbs, etc but just doing everything naturally. Great feeling! Hope it won't go away after tonight :)

Georgi87
Triglot
Groupie
Israel
Joined 6150 days ago

43 posts - 44 votes

Message 19 of 21
13 September 2007 at 10:04am | IP Logged 
303 words, did another chapter in both the workbook and textbook. 400 kanji.. I was going to make today a review day, but I might learn another 10 kanji before going to bed.

Georgi87
Triglot
Groupie
Israel
Joined 6150 days ago

43 posts - 44 votes

Message 20 of 21
15 September 2007 at 2:11pm | IP Logged 
I didn't learn any new vocab yesterday, but I added and learned a whole new 60 today.. I keep wondering how many words I actually know, since I don't bother putting the ones I memorise instantaneously into iFlash? Anyway, it was quite hard, I think that, realistically, my daily limit is about 20-30. Learned another 30 kanji between yesterday and today, my total's now 433. Chapters 9 and 8 in textbook and workbook respectively. I'm about to spend 20-30 minutes on repeatedly "shadowing" the introductory text to a few textbook chapters. I have the audio, Japanese and English translation; in my experience, one of the best ways to memorise sentence patterns is through simply memorising conversations in which they are used, which is exactly what I'm going to attempt.

Georgi87
Triglot
Groupie
Israel
Joined 6150 days ago

43 posts - 44 votes

Message 21 of 21
25 September 2007 at 4:24pm | IP Logged 
500 kanji.. 500 words.. ugh, my progress has slowed :( Chapters 13 and 11 in textbook and workbook.. Well, it's still good to note down whatever progress I've made, even if it hasn't been very good.

This discussion contains 21 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version