United States
katiekelly.wordpress
Joined 6697 days ago

795 posts - 829 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Russian
Studies: Czech, German

Message 1 of 3
23 July 2007 at 11:18pm | IP Logged 
I lost focus for a little while, but I've finally finished Teil 2 of Deutsch -- warum nicht? and I'm already on lesson four of Teil 3. My goal now is to work through two lessons a week. I enter all new vocabulary and phrases into SuperMemo on one day, and then even the accompanying exercises on the next, and review each day. I also have a listen each day.

I have yet to even try to speak German, but I am enjoying the slow process of improving my comprehension.

Now I have a very important question: what happened to Ex? After Teil 2, I was expecting some kind of drama to unfold. What happened to Ex? Now she's back, with a slightly more grating voice, and no explanation as to her disappearance at the Loriley. This might be a good language learning tool, but it's pretty lousy story telling, if you ask me! I'm still willing to stick with it, however.

1 person has voted this message useful

victor
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 7158 days ago

1098 posts - 1056 votes 
6 sounds
Speaks: Cantonese*, English, FrenchC1, Mandarin
Studies: Spanish
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 3
27 July 2007 at 2:53pm | IP Logged 
The explanation is coming up soon, around the middle of part 3. I found the series a lot of fun, but the learning curve was extremely steep for me by the end of part 3. And I find that the series leaves out a lot of things (like days of the week, how to count up to 100). By the end of part 3, you're already listening to whole passages of things.

Good luck with the rest of the series and have lots of fun! There are some great and entertaining stories coming up.

P.S. Ex gets her voice back later in the series. I guess they just switched the voice actor somehow.

CaitO'Ceallaigh
Triglot
United States
katiekelly.wordpress
Joined 6697 days ago

795 posts - 829 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Russian
Studies: Czech, German

Message 3 of 3
03 August 2007 at 7:30pm | IP Logged 
This is a relief. We just celebrated Andreas' birthday, and I was disappointed that Ex wasn't even invited.

By the way, they've taught some of the days of the week, but not all so far. I wonder if it's one of those subtle things that you pick up without paying to much attention?

I'm so far finding this to be so rewarding. I wish they had something like this for more languages. Does anyone know of any? I'd base my language learning preferences on this alone, if they did.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version