Language Learning Forum : Links & Internet Resources Post Reply
Steven505
Canada
Joined 5200 days ago

1 posts - 4 votes
Studies: Korean

Message 1 of 3
17 July 2012 at 11:02pm | IP Logged 
This is a new website that is supposed to be for more advanced Korean learners. It
provides native Korean content, and then notes of the vocab and grammar as well as a
translation to help understand it. It currently focus on Korean newspaper articles.

It tries to help people transition to learning from language learning resources, to
native content.

AdvancedKorean.com

This post is both for 'promotion' and for feedback, since no one gives any feedback on
the site. : P

Feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated, especially since I know the people
here are generally the hardcore language learners.

Edited by Steven505 on 17 July 2012 at 11:06pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

Haksaeng
Korea, South
Joined 6132 days ago

166 posts - 250 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Korean, Arabic (Levantine)

Message 2 of 3
23 August 2012 at 4:00am | IP Logged 
I was just thinking of posting about this site, but I see Steven505 beat me to it.

This is a really good site for anyone who is at the intermediate level and is trying to start working with native newspapers and newscasts.

I look at the KBS news online every day. Some of the newscasts include transcripts, so it's really helpful. But the vocab...ugh...it's going to be a while before I can really handle Korean news all on my own. Plowing through just one article or newscast can take hours.

The Advanced Korean site features a news article (and more recently a music video and a weather telecast) and gives notes on all the vocab so you can review the vocab before reading or listening to the feature. And as you read the Korean transcript, you can click on each sentence to get a full translation into English, to check your understanding.

This is a really great site! I think if you study it on a regular basis you'll start recognizing certain words that come up again and again in news programs. The video lessons are especially helpful since it's hard to find this kind of annotated transcript for native broadcasts.
2 persons have voted this message useful

yuhakko
Tetraglot
FranceRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4566 days ago

414 posts - 582 votes 
Speaks: French*, EnglishB2, EnglishC2, Spanish, Japanese
Studies: Korean, Norwegian, Mandarin

Message 3 of 3
23 August 2012 at 10:58am | IP Logged 
Really really good website! I was starting to stagnate and I think this is just the kind
of thing that I needed! All new content, everyday newspaper article style and as said by
Haksaeng, it is rare to find this kind of annotated transcript.

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version