11 messages over 2 pages: 1
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6448 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 9 of 11
06 March 2014 at 5:11pm | IP Logged 
Yeah, nothing new under the sun. It's still a fact that many people who try it instantly want to Spritz everything.
1 person has voted this message useful

osoymar
Tetraglot
Pro Member
United States
Joined 4587 days ago

190 posts - 344 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Portuguese, Japanese
Studies: Spanish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 10 of 11
06 March 2014 at 11:13pm | IP Logged 
I know that just about every combination of 4-8 letters has been attributed to some kind
of app or website, but what a miserable name "Spritz" is...

Anyhow, given that the process of reading this way is fundamentally different than the
process of speed reading (as described in the ppt that Doitsujin posted, thanks!) I'm
willing to entertain the notion that this may be more effective for foreign language
learning than traditional speed reading techniques. Perhaps if you had somehow built a
good vocabulary but still lacked reading speed?

In short, I'm dubious but interested.

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5716 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 11 of 11
07 March 2014 at 1:35am | IP Logged 
My experience matches YnEoS' almost exactly. I am generally a really slow reader but had no trouble working my way up to 600 wpm. There were moments where a word or two slipped by, but generally i could follow along. Paragraphs were much easier to follow than titles, which i missed more often.

I'm not sure that it's really as enjoyable as reading a book, but the idea YnEoS mentioned sounds promising as a quick way to review something.

I'm curious how they would add Chinese support.

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version