Tags: FSI | Spanish
 Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
lang_lang
United States
Joined 5749 days ago

15 posts - 15 votes

Message 1 of 8
10 September 2008 at 8:24am | IP Logged 
I just noticed this and thought others may be interested as I am. It is only the FSI Spanish Basic course, no other language is available unfortunately. But, it is the complete course, FSI for $5.00/level - found at this web site here.
1 person has voted this message useful

dutos
Argentina
Joined 5738 days ago

35 posts - 35 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 3 of 8
01 October 2008 at 7:57pm | IP Logged 
If the owner of this site would make the program available by download - even for $5 per level - I'd buy it.

I live in a foreign country (non-US), so sometimes this stuff can take MONTHS to come + the issue of customs duties. Mail order is passé!

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6264 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 4 of 8
02 October 2008 at 3:50am | IP Logged 
dutos wrote:
If the owner of this site would make the program available by download - even for $5 per level - I'd buy it.

I live in a foreign country (non-US), so sometimes this stuff can take MONTHS to come + the issue of customs duties. Mail order is passé!

You can download it, legally, for free.

lang_lang
United States
Joined 5749 days ago

15 posts - 15 votes

Message 5 of 8
02 October 2008 at 8:30am | IP Logged 
The link is not the full basic Spanish course. I prefer the full fsi basic spoken course over the shorter, condensed programmatic course. Thanks. Has anyone contacted the owner of fsispanishcourse.com to see if they could offer it as a download? That's a good question for those outside of the US. I think on another link the same free download was offered, but it still is not complete and only has one level from the four level fsi basic course. Thanks.

dutos
Argentina
Joined 5738 days ago

35 posts - 35 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 8 of 8
02 October 2008 at 11:13am | IP Logged 
HAha, I'm American. Actually, I'm a veteran too, and so was every male in both sides of my family going back for hundreds of years.

Ahh.. that's the programmatic course. I would like to get the Spanish Basic Course Levels 3 & 4. I need the audio. Speaking of www.fsi-language-courses.com, it looks like the owner is asleep over there. They haven't make changes or added new material in a LONG time.

The people who sell the course for $5 send the course overseas. But they fail to consider import duties, getting lost factor, and the length of time that it takes.

The government ERIC website is open to download in foreign countries, so the whole issue of international availability should be a non-issue. They just haven't put the Spanish up there, probably because it's one of the few courses that they see some demand for directly.

-Actually, if someone could just make a torrent of it, it would be great! There have been some really intelligent people on these boards who have investigated the copyright issue and determined that this is not copyrigted material that we're talking about. People should not be scared of torrents... after all, some companies use the torrent protocol to deploy their own files because it's just cheaper.
If someone tries to say otherwise, they are probably one of the people selling these free courses for $5, $49, $100 or more.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version