United States
theLanguageBear.com
Joined 5846 days ago

22 posts - 22 votes
Studies: Japanese

Message 1 of 8
30 April 2008 at 3:36pm | IP Logged 
I found a couple good sites for getting language books for specific ages:
www.worldlanguagebooks.com - has lots of languages to choose from and you can pick the age range of the reader which is a nice feature.

and www.theLanguageBear.com - which has a Children's book section for each language, but also has a "Novels" section for adult readers of every language. I find this site has less languages but a much better selection of books.

Edited by froto on 30 April 2008 at 3:36pm

1 person has voted this message useful

sajro
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5790 days ago

129 posts - 131 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 2 of 8
02 July 2008 at 10:17am | IP Logged 
froto, is TLB yours? If so, good job! Great prices and easy, logical navigation with a great selection.

froto
United States
theLanguageBear.com
Joined 5846 days ago

22 posts - 22 votes

Message 3 of 8
02 July 2008 at 4:56pm | IP Logged 
Hey thanks man, I started the languageBear because I love languages and this was a nice easy way to organize them all, and then figured I would pursue it a little more and build on it. I kinda like how it's shaped up, but I must be missing something cause it doesn't get a lot of traffic. It is pretty new and I'm still expanding and improving, but any suggestions are more than welcome!

Thanks again!

Edited by froto on 02 July 2008 at 4:57pm

Budz
Octoglot
Australia
languagepump.com
Joined 6167 days ago

118 posts - 171 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, Russian, Esperanto, Ukrainian, Mandarin, Cantonese, French
Studies: Italian, Spanish, Korean, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Persian, Hungarian, Kazakh, Swahili, Vietnamese, Polish

Message 4 of 8
02 July 2008 at 5:46pm | IP Logged 
Might be an idea if you put the Russian titles up in Russian and the Chinese ones up in Chinese... It's weird looking at Russian in Latin letters and well... it looks unprofessional. The modern internet has unicode and there's no reason not to put stuff up in the correct form.

Oh, and then the link to Russian novels... You should separate that out into Russian novels in English - and just 'novels' which would be in Russian. Anyone searching for novels in Russian is not going to want to go through the translations and anyone looking for translations is not even going to come to your site because I think everyone would presume that everything is in the original language.

froto
United States
theLanguageBear.com
Joined 5846 days ago

22 posts - 22 votes

Message 5 of 8
02 July 2008 at 9:14pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for the input. Very much appreciated! I agree, and I will certainly put some effort into that in the near future.
Thanks again.

froto
United States
theLanguageBear.com
Joined 5846 days ago

22 posts - 22 votes

Message 6 of 8
22 July 2008 at 1:03pm | IP Logged 
I hate to shamefully plug, but since there have been some people that have showed an interest in the site, I thought I'd let you know that you can now add the Language Bear Flash Cards as a FaceBook application :)

Language Bear

Please don't kick me out...

froto
United States
theLanguageBear.com
Joined 5846 days ago

22 posts - 22 votes

Message 7 of 8
07 October 2008 at 11:43am | IP Logged 
And it get's even better yet!!
Now you can add the sweet Random Language Flash cards to your blog or Google homepage as a Widget.
Check out the mini flash card sets here: http://www.theLanguageBear.com/flash.php

Let me know what you think of the new package.

No Login
No Download
No Install
Quick, simple and FREE :)
Enjoy.

Edited by froto on 07 October 2008 at 11:46am

tryllid
Groupie
United States
Joined 5847 days ago

58 posts - 60 votes 

Message 8 of 8
27 November 2008 at 8:31am | IP Logged 
Thanks for the plug! I find the cards useful. My only complaint is with the rap video about numbers. I'm still a novice, but the pronunciation of the numbers is off. It could be misleading to some.

Tryllid.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version