United States
Joined 5986 days ago

459 posts - 477 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Korean
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 4
19 June 2008 at 2:37am | IP Logged 
Professor please take care to remove the space between T ID in the URL in order to access the page.

Evan McKinney
1 person has voted this message useful

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 7005 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 3 of 4
19 June 2008 at 9:50am | IP Logged 
The Assimil Using Spanish - A Cautionary Note thread in an indirect way supports the Professor's original assertion that the would-be polyglot ought to learn French (and German) because of the higher quality courses that they afford. I am curious if he has seen the English version of Using Spanish though.

Makrasiroutioun
Quadrilingual Heptaglot
Canada
infowars.com
Joined 5906 days ago

210 posts - 236 votes 
Speaks: French*, English*, Armenian*, Romanian*, Latin, German, Italian
Studies: Dutch, Swedish, Turkish, Japanese, Russian, Arabic (Written)

Message 4 of 4
19 June 2008 at 1:48pm | IP Logged 
I completely agree with needing to learn German and French to access good (better) learning material. I always took my French for granted since I am native in it, but come to think of it, nearly 30% of my language-learning collection is in this language and most of it cannot be found in English.

Learning German enough to read academic texts also really helped me access good material. SO MANY great serious academic textbooks are printed in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version