Acquisition of grammar - charlmartell

Language Learning Forum : General discussion Post Reply
28 messages over 4 pages: 1 2 3
charlmartell
Super Polyglot
Portugal
Joined 6026 days ago

286 posts - 298 votes 
Speaks: French, English, German, Luxembourgish*, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Dutch, Italian, Latin, Ancient Greek
Studies: Mandarin, Japanese

Message 25 of 28
19 August 2008 at 11:16am | IP Logged 
Thank you.
Yes, my computer is back running, but I seem to be spending so much time following up all sorts of language related links. With the result that I don't get to do much else. Like explain some more here, and write in my learning log.
My problem at the moment is twofold:
How do I increase my active vocabulary on the learning front? That's why I'm investigating links to podcasts and reading matter, which is very interesting and useful but does take up a lot of my time.
And where do I start explaining what in this here thread? I'll have to set up a blog or a website where I'll post my explanations and then link to them from here. So people can pick and choose without having to wade through long posts that in the end turn out to be of scant interest to them personally.
I'll get there eventually, in time. As I've also fallen way behind in my TAC I'm a little under pressure right now. And it is very hot right now, especially next to computer, in a corner of the room, with a big, hot dog panting loudly at my feet.

1 person has voted this message useful

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6221 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 26 of 28
19 August 2008 at 12:16pm | IP Logged 
Good luck with your TAC, and everything else.

No hurry, but I'm still looking forward to your explanation!

charlmartell
Super Polyglot
Portugal
Joined 6026 days ago

286 posts - 298 votes 
Speaks: French, English, German, Luxembourgish*, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Dutch, Italian, Latin, Ancient Greek
Studies: Mandarin, Japanese

Message 27 of 28
19 August 2008 at 12:29pm | IP Logged 
Volte wrote:
No hurry, but I'm still looking forward to your explanation!

Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre!
And thanks for wishing me good luck with my TAC. I need it, I've now again gone and squandered precious time on-forum.
I have read another Italian short story though, by Gabriele d'Annunzio: La Veglia Funebre. Very interesting, if a little heavy on understandable, but not yet actively usable vocabulary. I should stick to the kiddie stuff I found yesterday. Except of course that this is much more interesting!

Edited by charlmartell on 19 August 2008 at 12:32pm

Journeyer
Triglot
United States
tristan85.blogspot.c
Joined 6650 days ago

946 posts - 1110 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, German
Studies: Sign Language

Message 28 of 28
04 January 2009 at 11:05am | IP Logged 
I realize you said you would get back to your explanations when you had time, so if you are still busy with other matters I don't want to nag. I just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to hearing any other advice you have!

Thanks!

This discussion contains 28 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version