Colombia
Joined 5695 days ago

460 posts - 597 votes 

Message 17 of 37
27 February 2009 at 9:23pm | IP Logged 
Kshatriya wrote:
Hello to everybody,
People here are not enthusiastic about Hindi
If anybody want to improve Hindi then please keep posting.

If I could have access to an abundant supply of books in Hindi, I'd love learn it and then move on to Sanskrit. Sadly though, I haven't been able to find one. I so wish there was an Amazon.in

Or if I could travel to India and buy the books there. But I don't have the means.

Yours is a fascinating country.
1 person has voted this message useful

MäcØSŸ
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5605 days ago

259 posts - 392 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, EnglishC2
Studies: German

Message 18 of 37
02 March 2009 at 11:34am | IP Logged 
JuanM wrote:
Kshatriya wrote:
Hello to everybody,

If I could have access to an abundant supply of books in Hindi, I'd love learn it and then move on to Sanskrit. Sadly though, I haven't been
able to find one. I so wish there was an Amazon.in

Or if I could travel to India and buy the books there. But I don't have the means.

दक्षिणी अमरीका में बहुत भारत में रुचि हो लगता है।
There seems to be much interest in India in South America.

Kshatriya
India
Joined 5547 days ago

13 posts - 26 votes
Studies: French

Message 19 of 37
05 March 2009 at 7:19am | IP Logged 
JuanM wrote:
Kshatriya wrote:
Hello to everybody,

If I could have access to an abundant supply of books in Hindi, I'd love learn it and then move on to Sanskrit. Sadly though, I haven't been able to find one. I so wish there was an Amazon.in

Hey,
Sorry for the late reply, was busy these days. I can help you in anything you want, just let me know. I'll try to do my best to get you things to learn.

Sajal

Kshatriya
India
Joined 5547 days ago

13 posts - 26 votes

Message 20 of 37
05 March 2009 at 7:32am | IP Logged 
MäcØSŸ wrote:
JuanM wrote:
Kshatriya wrote:
Hello to everybody,

If I could have access to an abundant supply of books in Hindi, I'd love learn it and then move on to Sanskrit. Sadly though, I haven't been
able to find one. I so wish there was an Amazon.in

दक्षिणी अमरीका में बहुत भारत में रुचि हो लगता है।
There seems to be much interest in India in South America.

अच्छा लगा सुनके कि दक्षिण अमेरिका के लोग वास्तव में भारत में रुचि रखते हैं। लेकिन अब तक मुझे किसी ने संपर्क नहीं किया है।
Nice to here that people of south America are really interested in India. But nobody has approached to me so far.

Well here is some of the details about Hindi, anybody wants to learn Hindi, keep looking at this forum. I'll be posting Hindi learning sites or information on this forum.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Hindi

Please approach me for any help.
Best of luck.

Sajal

Edited by Kshatriya on 05 March 2009 at 7:36am

Juan M.
Colombia
Joined 5695 days ago

460 posts - 597 votes 

Message 21 of 37
05 March 2009 at 3:13pm | IP Logged 
Kshatriya wrote:
Hey,
Sorry for the late reply, was busy these days. I can help you in anything you want, just let me know. I'll try to do my best to get you things to learn.

Sajal

Thanks for you kind offer!

If one is interested in Indian books and literature (including Sanskrit), what city or region would you recommend to visit first?

Kshatriya
India
Joined 5547 days ago

13 posts - 26 votes

Message 22 of 37
05 March 2009 at 5:38pm | IP Logged 
JuanM wrote:
Kshatriya wrote:
Hey,

Sajal

Thanks for you kind offer!

If one is interested in Indian books and literature (including Sanskrit), what city or region would you recommend to visit first?

I would suggest you state of Uttar Pradesh. Hindi is mostely used in north India as the first language so you should visit north India. Over that in Uttar Pradesh Hindi is widely used as well as Sanskrit. You can get all kinds of books and knowledge there.

stephenk
United States
Joined 5542 days ago

28 posts - 33 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Gujarati

Message 23 of 37
26 March 2009 at 8:21pm | IP Logged 
I'm glad to see that the Hindi thread has been revived

Oh, I absolutely love India and Indian culture. My friends think I was Indian in a past life. I do speak some Hindi and can read the script. I own like 60 Bollywood films and have seen tons more.

Currently, I'm learning Gujarati because it is the language spoken by my fiancee and her family. Once I reach an advanced level in Gujarati, I plan to return to Hindi.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Kshatriya
India
Joined 5547 days ago

13 posts - 26 votes

Message 24 of 37
30 March 2009 at 7:34am | IP Logged 
stephenk wrote:
I'm glad to see that the Hindi thread has been revived

Oh, I absolutely love India and Indian culture. My friends think I was Indian in a past life. I do speak some Hindi and can read the script. I own like 60 Bollywood films and have seen tons more.

Currently, I'm learning Gujarati because it is the language spoken by my fiancee and her family. Once I reach an advanced level in Gujarati, I plan to return to Hindi.

That is really great stephenk, nice to here that. Gujarati and Hindi are little similar to each other, if you can read Hindi then you can read gujarati too. Over that words used are lot same because both the languages are derived from Sanskrit.

This discussion contains 37 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 24 5  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version