United States
tinyurl.com/cunningl
Joined 6408 days ago

100 posts - 110 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish*, French
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Kazakh

Message 1 of 3
21 July 2008 at 11:27am | IP Logged 
Hello everyone. I recently started studying russian consistently, daily, with audio tapes, the penguin book, schaum's outlines, and various websites. I'm also watching downloaded tv shows and rented movies like daywatch, nightwatch, tycoon, etc, daily. My russian-speaking kazakh girlfriend has been of help as well as another student that has been studying it a year longer than I have. All in all I'd say I'm not lacking much in the resources department, save for one thing. I'm looking for sites with audio ANT text given together. This site is exactly what I'm looking for: http://www.radio.cz/ru/izdanie/106314
However, since it's a news site they speak way too fast for my level. I was wondering if anyone here knows of any similar sites with more interesting topics(optional) and a moderate speech pace(needed).
1 person has voted this message useful

rafal
Diglot
Groupie
Poland
besmart.pl
Joined 6639 days ago

83 posts - 85 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishC1
Studies: German, Spanish

Message 2 of 3
13 October 2008 at 1:18pm | IP Logged 
You might want to try EuroNews' website: http://www.euronews.net/ru. I'm not sure about the speed but a good thing about the site might be that they offer video rather than audio only. There's an accompanying transcript to (almost?) every video they have.

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4920 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 
Speaks: Indonesian*

Message 3 of 3
17 September 2017 at 7:22am | IP Logged 
autodidactic wrote:
schaum's outlines,

Wait, there were Schaum's outlines for language learning? I thought they were just a mathematics books series.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version