spanish-only.coRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6344 days ago

234 posts - 248 votes 
3 sounds
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Spanish
Studies: Portuguese

Message 1 of 1
21 July 2008 at 4:05pm | IP Logged 
It could be that I post this in the wrong forum, but as it's a question directly to Prof. Arguelles, I'll put it here.

As a teacher in training I'm looking for a good way to help my students getting better at the language I teach (Spanish). After years of language education in high school (especially French and German) I came to the conclusion that the way the majority of teachers teach is just not the way (i.e. main focus on grammar). For personal study I already have a pretty good approach which really helped me through last year, but I understand that my methods aren't usable for most high school student (largely due to lack of time, or maybe even a lack of interest - which I didn't encounter so far as Spanish in most Dutch high schools is a subject you choose next to other subjects and isn't compulsory).

Somewhere I've read that you use Assimil in your classroom? Correct me if I'm wrong (I couldn't find the topic).

So my main question is: what kind of material and what approach do you use? If not applicable to high schools, what would you recommend? I know this might look like a weird question, and I have an idea how I could provide better language education to my future students, but I'd like to hear the opinion of someone who has been in this field for years.

Edited by Rmss on 21 July 2008 at 5:53pm

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version