United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5806 days ago

129 posts - 131 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 2
08 August 2008 at 12:20am | IP Logged 
I'm about to go go clinically insane (that is, more than I am now). I can NOT find the Easy Readers I'm wanting for sale at a decent price anywhere! Are they still in print?

I've been trying for hours to find "Bez svidetelej," "Pëtr i Pëtr," "Taman," "El misterio del capirote asesino," and "Las tres de la madrugada" to no avail! They are all listed on the site (www.easyreader.dk), but I can't find them on comparison engines and Amazon is hit or miss.

I really want to get these books (and eventually more from this series) and I'd appreciate any help. Especially from someone who has successfully gotten these (at a halfway decent price, I may add!) within the US. Or, heck, within North America.

If you can recommend a similar series that would also be nice. Basically, this series is set for clarity but keeping the reader interested. Here are the levels, followed by the number of unique words in the book:
  • A - 600
  • B - 1200
  • C - 2000
  • D - 3500

Thanks in advance.

Edited by sajro on 08 August 2008 at 12:20am

1 person has voted this message useful

Connor
United States
Joined 5760 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 2 of 2
15 August 2008 at 12:04am | IP Logged 
On the Easy Readers page, click the Distribution link at the top and then various countries will be listed on a new page.

There is only one distributor listed for the USA:

EMC/Paradigm Publishing
875 Montreal Way
St. Paul
Minnesota 55102-4245
Email: educate@emcp.com
Phone: +1 651 290 2800 or +1 800 328 1452 (toll-free in USA only)
Fax: +1 651 290 2828
Homepage: http://www.emcp.com

It does have an ISBN search at the EMCP site, but I didn't see a title search feature. If you go into the site and choose "World Languages" at the top of the green menu on the left, choose Spanish and hunt from that point.

I did find "Las tres de la madrugada":

http://www.emcp.com/product_catalog/index.php?GroupID=1115&p p=4

That site has a lot of other interesting material too. They have laminated flash cards for instance. However, they are almost $400. The book isn't too expensive though.

Edited by Connor on 15 August 2008 at 12:08am

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version