Spanky
Canada
Joined 5738 days ago

1021 posts - 1714 votes 
Studies: French

Message 137 of 138
19 November 2014 at 1:31am | IP Logged 
Spanky wrote:
If it is Coeur de Pirate, perhaps the choice of a Canadian artist is by way of making amends for Jeff Winger's vicious attack on another Canadian music group, Barenaked Ladies, from an earlier season.   

you selfish jaded ass

I can't believe those youtube rascals disabled the video in my original link. Attached hereto, and more interesting from a language-learning perspective because of the subtitles, a link to an alternative version of the same piece;

Jeff still selfish and jaded
1 person has voted this message useful

Spanky
Canada
Joined 5738 days ago

1021 posts - 1714 votes 
Studies: French

Message 138 of 138
19 November 2014 at 2:49am | IP Logged 
Having over the last 6 short years progressed from A0 all the way to a solid A0.001 in French, German, Spanish and ASL, having dabbled for an interesting week with toki pona, having memorized the same initial 200 kanji from Heisig each time I have re-started Japanese, and having more recently engaged in a fierce, short-lived tangle with Icelandic (score at the end of that battle: Islenska 1, Spanky 0 plus a broken brain), I have decided to take the next logical step and begin studying Italian. Makes way more sense - I have somehow convinced myself - to start something brand new rather than shore up to some useful level my other language fragments. Also, there is the possibility of a trip to Italy next summer.

So, Italian it is. I'll probably start (forgive me) yet another doomed learning log, this time devoted to slow-motion learning of Italian, perhaps in the new year. Mostly seeking out resources at this point, though I have already started feeding the owl (duolingo).

Edited by Spanky on 19 November 2014 at 4:58am

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 138 messages over 18 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version