United States
Joined 5814 days ago

16 posts - 16 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Japanese

Message 1 of 2
13 August 2008 at 9:28pm | IP Logged 
Hey,

I got Barron's Mastering Spanish, which is the FSI one on CDs. I got both volumes, and the first one (level 1, for
beginners) has 12 CDs. The box is red/orange. I'm just putting the description so in case anyone has the exact
same set as i do, they will know.

My question is how many times to do each unit. As far as i know, there are 15 units. I have done Unit 1 twice so
far, but i am wondering how many times i should do it until i move on. I read on this site somewhere that it was recommended that you do each lesson, which i am assuming means unit but with a different name, once a day
for a week. this is 7 times before you move on to the next one.

What would you recommend? All answers are appreciated, but if you have the same program/method as i do,
please let me know what you do or did.

Thanks,
Dvorask
1 person has voted this message useful

Cage
Diglot
aka a.ardaschira, Athena, Michael Thomas
United States
Joined 6434 days ago

382 posts - 393 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French, Portuguese

Message 2 of 2
14 August 2008 at 10:13am | IP Logged 
I progressed one lesson per week but I had some background in Spanish before I started FSI. If you have no background I would recommend trying something less demanding to get your feet wet first. I mastered each lesson before moving on at the rate of about one per week. Some took more time and some took a bit less. I spent an average of 2 hours per day on it and also used other resources along with it. After the two volumes you have there are 2 more which can be downloaded for free or purchased from audioforum.com if you you are like me and like having these things in hard copy. I like having my cd's and books at my finger tips when I want them.
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version