635 posts - 857 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Spanish, Russian, Dutch

Message 17 of 161
17 September 2008 at 6:54am | IP Logged 
9/17/08

Morning

German

Read Ein Migranten-Fußballverein auf Erfolgskurs twice; looked up unknown words. ~10 minutes.

Assorted

Did Anki reviews for the day. ~5 minutes.

French

Assimil French with Ease - Reread Lesson 101 carefully, looking up a few words that I didn't understand very well. A few, I had been totally misunderstanding, due to the very loose translations being used in Lessons 99 and onward. ~10 minutes.

Assimil French with Ease - Did active wave for Lessons 10 and 11, orally and in writing. ~30 minutes.

Evening

German

Added a decent amount of my word list words to Anki. Once I've learned the words via IWLM and then reviewed the list 2-4 times, I'm going to do this to save on studying time. ~20 minutes.

French

French Assimil with Ease - Listened to Lessons 1-9 as a refresher. ~20 minutes.

Russian

NPRC - Finished the exercises for Chapter 4; started (re)reading Chapter 5. ~20 minutes.

Edited by josht on 17 September 2008 at 9:46pm

1 person has voted this message useful

josht
Diglot
United States
Joined 6228 days ago

635 posts - 857 votes 

Message 18 of 161
18 September 2008 at 7:38am | IP Logged 
9/18/08

Morning

Russian

NPRC - Finished reading Chapter 5. I still need to do the exercises, as well as memorize the prepositional forms of personal pronouns. ~15 minutes.

Assorted

Did Anki reviews. Due to the relative huge number of German cards in my deck in comparison to French and Russian, it was mostly German. ~15 minutes.

Evening

Russian

NPRC - Finished learning the vocabulary words for Chapter 4 with IWLM; reviewed the words I did previously. Read over Chapter 5 again. ~30 minutes.

French

Assimil French with Ease - Relistened to Lessons 9-24 as a refresher. ~30 minutes.

Edited by josht on 18 September 2008 at 7:55pm

josht
Diglot
United States
Joined 6228 days ago

635 posts - 857 votes 

Message 19 of 161
19 September 2008 at 9:21am | IP Logged 
9/19/09

Morning

Russian

Simplified Russian Grammar - Read Lessons 1-4. I picked this book up at the college library as it's a hardback, and all of my Russian materials are paperbacks; I don't want to lug them around in my backpack where they'll end up destroyed. I like the Simplified Russian Grammar so far - it seems to have more texts to read than NPRC, so they should work well together. ~15 minutes.

Afternoon

German

Reviewed some word lists in Using German Vocabulary, and looked over a Unit that I've not done yet to become familiar with the words. ~20 minutes.

Assorted - Mostly German

Did Anki reviews for the day. ~10 minutes.

German

Added a bunch of words to Anki that I've learned via IWLM. All from Using German Vocabulary, Unit 19. ~30 minutes.

French

Assimil French with Ease - Thoroughly reviewed Lesson 106, text and audio. Did a first pass through Lesson 107; listened to the audio a few times, and read all of the text once. ~45 minutes.

Edited by josht on 20 September 2008 at 6:56am

josht
Diglot
United States
Joined 6228 days ago

635 posts - 857 votes 

Message 20 of 161
20 September 2008 at 2:13pm | IP Logged 
9/20/08

Morning

German

Reviewed Anki cards for the day. ~10 minutes.

French

Listened to Radio France Internationale for about 45 minutes. I was able to pick out words here and there that I recognized, but I wasn't able to follow what was going on at all. As this was the first bit of French I've listened to except Assimil, the results were not surprising; I was able to tell one word from another, it wasn't one big mass of sounds, so that was encouraging. ~45 minutes.

Evening

German

Reread "Berlusconi und die Liebe" at Deutsche Welle; reviewed the definition list I made for it, and added sentences from the article to Anki, along with definitions of words I didn't know upon first reading it. ~15 minutes.

Russian

Assimil Russisch ohne Mühe - Reread Lessons 1-9. ~25 minutes.

French

Assimil French with Ease - Reread Lessons 106 and 107. Not as much as I would have liked to get done, but I'm tired, and I wanted to get at least *some* active studying in today for French. ~10 minutes.

Edited by josht on 20 September 2008 at 11:02pm

josht
Diglot
United States
Joined 6228 days ago

635 posts - 857 votes 

Message 21 of 161
21 September 2008 at 5:41pm | IP Logged 
9/21/08

Morning

German

Did Anki reviews. ~10 minutes.

French

French Assimil with Ease - Reviewed active wave for Lessons 1-8. ~40 minutes.

Evening

Russian

Assimil Russisch ohne Mühe - Listened to Lessons 5-10 again, 5, 7, and 10 once, 8 and 9 twice. ~15 minutes.

French

Assimil French with Ease - Listened to Lesson 107 again and read along with the French text. Started Lesson 108 for the first time; listened to it 3 times, and read the French and English text twice each. I read the Notes once. ~45 minutes for all of it.

Edited by josht on 21 September 2008 at 10:04pm

josht
Diglot
United States
Joined 6228 days ago

635 posts - 857 votes 

Message 22 of 161
22 September 2008 at 9:07am | IP Logged 
9/22/08

Morning

German

Started reading Oktoberfest: Wegen Überfüllung geschlossen (http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,3661760,00.html). Lots of words I don't know in this article, so it's slow going. I'm working through it without making any word lists yet. Despite lots of unknown words, I'm getting the gist of it. ~10 minutes.

Afternoon

French

Assimil French with Ease - Relistened to Lessons 99-105, once for each lesson. ~15 minutes.

Assorted

Started my Anki reviews for the day; not quite finished yet. Mostly German words. ~10 minutes.

Evening

Russian

Assimil Russisch ohne Mühe - Listened to Lessons 8 and 9 again; reread the text for each. Listened to Lesson 10 three times, and read through the text. ~45 minutes.

Assorted

Finished up my Anki reviews for the day. ~10 minutes.

Edited by josht on 22 September 2008 at 10:04pm

josht
Diglot
United States
Joined 6228 days ago

635 posts - 857 votes 

Message 23 of 161
23 September 2008 at 8:37am | IP Logged 
9/23/08

Morning

Assorted

Did Anki reviews for the day. ~10 minutes.

German

Reviewed a couple sheets of word lists; worked on new word lists, using word pairs from Using German Vocabulary. ~1.5 hours.

Reread the Deutsche Welle article "Ein Migranten-Fußballverein auf Erfolgskurs." ~5 minutes.

Afternoon / Evening

Russian

Assimil Russisch ohne Mühe - Reviewed Lessons 8-10, listening to the audio and reading the Russian / German text. Did Lesson 11 - listened to audio 3 times, studied the text for a while. Not sure exactly on amount of time spent, as the review was earlier today. Going to guess at ~45 minutes.

NPRC - Learned most of the words from the chapter 5 vocabulary list. I only stopped because I had 3 remaining words, and didn't want to dip into the next chapter to fill the 5-7 words quota. I'll do that tomorrow. ~15 minutes.

French

Assimil French with Ease - Listened to lessons 100 and 101. I know, I know - pitiful! I'd planned on reviewing 100-108, but was interrupted. Being rather tired, I decided to settle on this tiny bit of exposure. I suppose I at least made contact with the language today. ~5 minutes.

Edited by josht on 23 September 2008 at 10:35pm

josht
Diglot
United States
Joined 6228 days ago

635 posts - 857 votes 

Message 24 of 161
24 September 2008 at 9:35am | IP Logged 
9/24/08

Morning

German

Reviewed my word lists from yesterday; did about 1/2 of a page with new words (counting back and front) from Using German Vocabulary. ~35 minutes.

French

Assimil French with Ease - Reviewed Lessons 107 and 108, audio and text. Did Lesson 109, read text twice, listened to audio twice. ~1 hour.

Afternoon / Evening

Russian

Assimil Russisch ohne Mühe - Listened to Lessons 8-11 twice. The first time was in the afternoon, the second in the evening. ~20 minutes.

NPRC - Worked on the exercises from chapter 5. I've still got a few to go before I'm done with them. ~25 minutes.

Assorted

Did Anki reviews for the day. ~15 minutes.

Edited by josht on 24 September 2008 at 9:53pm

This discussion contains 161 messages over 21 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version