Groupie
Australia
Joined 7010 days ago

55 posts - 55 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, Spanish

Message 1 of 11
19 September 2008 at 1:33am | IP Logged 
I know transcripts exist for a few other languages but despite extensive searching I can't find any for French.

There are few threads here discussing it, but they are a bit old so I was wondering if anyone has since discovered (or developed) transcripts for Pimsleur French?

Thanks in advance.
1 person has voted this message useful

Akpierce
Triglot
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5021 days ago

11 posts - 9 votes
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin
Studies: French

Message 2 of 11
10 August 2010 at 9:18am | IP Logged 
Hi There.... still looking for the french transcripts? I have made my own for the French 1 units 1-22 so far. (this is august 10, 2010) and i've had french friends proofread for errors. If you want I can send you those ans we can search for the rest together!
2 persons have voted this message useful

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6178 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 3 of 11
11 August 2010 at 3:15am | IP Logged 
Please don't post links to Pimsleur transcripts.

Akpierce
Triglot
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5021 days ago

11 posts - 9 votes
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin

Message 4 of 11
12 August 2010 at 3:59pm | IP Logged 
I'm not planning to post any links. I need it for personal use. I just hope someone can send them to me by email or whatever other method. That shouldn't be illegal.

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6178 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 5 of 11
12 August 2010 at 4:09pm | IP Logged 
Akpierce wrote:
I'm not planning to post any links. I need it for personal use. I just hope someone can send them to me by email or whatever other method. That shouldn't be illegal.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you even though it might have seen so. I was addressing another member that posted links that I've since deleted.

Desacrator48
Groupie
United States
Joined 5107 days ago

93 posts - 127 votes 
Studies: Spanish, French

Message 6 of 11
12 August 2010 at 7:17pm | IP Logged 
I didn't really want to create another thread to ask this question so this seemed like the best place to ask at the moment:

I just finished Pimsleur II French yesterday and started on Lesson 1 of Pimsleur III. Now the version I have from a friend on mp3 for Unit 3 has the voices changed for the man and the woman's reponses; it sounds like a more real, a little less professional-sounding recording of the French voices. Does anybody else have this for their Unit 3, in that the male/female voices have changed from that of Unit 1 and 2?

If it's any help, both the woman and man's voices sound a lot older than the voices on Unit 1 and 2, with the woman's voice being almost shrill-like.

If you could also let me know which version I have, I would be even more grateful. Thanks.

michaelmichael
Canada
Joined 5056 days ago

167 posts - 202 votes 

Message 7 of 11
13 August 2010 at 3:49am | IP Logged 
Desacrator48 wrote:
I didn't really want to create another thread to ask this question so this seemed like the best place to ask at the moment:

I just finished Pimsleur II French yesterday and started on Lesson 1 of Pimsleur III. Now the version I have from a friend on mp3 for Unit 3 has the voices changed for the man and the woman's reponses; it sounds like a more real, a little less professional-sounding recording of the French voices. Does anybody else have this for their Unit 3, in that the male/female voices have changed from that of Unit 1 and 2?

If it's any help, both the woman and man's voices sound a lot older than the voices on Unit 1 and 2, with the woman's voice being almost shrill-like.

If you could also let me know which version I have, I would be even more grateful. Thanks.

I think there is only one version. I checked unit 3 lesson 1, and yes I have the lady with the shrill voice.

Desacrator48
Groupie
United States
Joined 5107 days ago

93 posts - 127 votes 
Studies: Spanish, French

Message 8 of 11
13 August 2010 at 5:27am | IP Logged 
Oh thanks Michael.

I didn't know there was only 1 version of Pimsleur Fernch. After going through the first Unit where I kept having to say "I have 5 Francs" instead of "I have 5 Euros," I knew I had an older Pimsleur French.

I just thought that they must have a new version of Pimsleur French where they updated certain things, including the now defunct French Francs.

Can anyone verify this?

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version