Germany
Joined 4603 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 49 of 80
19 July 2012 at 11:40pm | IP Logged 
Yay, I'm vote No. 111 for Richard!

Unfortunately, that Italian girl and the two Turkish guys are still ahead...

Come on, HTLAL! We can do this! :)
3 persons have voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5606 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 50 of 80
20 July 2012 at 7:31pm | IP Logged 
VIDEO - VOTING at GOETHE - INSTITUT

Thia video voting is a comptetition and it's a real tough one with an open end result. At present two candidates from Turkey and from Italy are clearly ahead of Richard's score, but the voting period is still fresh it will still be possible for Richard to cath up with the leading two candidates. The voting is for Richard so tough because it takes place outside our wellknown internet polyglot-community where Richard is so wellknown and wellrespected as a person and for his language skills.

But we in this HTLAL - forum who also know Richard or even have personal contact with him via Skype for example should activate all our voting possibilities to give Richard a better chance to win the FIRST prize of the competition, because it is his personal desire to take part in the Poliglotti - conference in Italy and promote language learning and polyglottery there. I couldn't imagine a more suitable person to speak in public about these topics at an European conference.

For "Anti-Facebook" people it could be an option to just register on Facebook and open an account there with the only purpose to give Richard your vote. Origninally this was MY option but then I rather looked around on other people's Facebook pages and got so much interested that I will now use Facebook actively. But before the Goethe - Intitut video voting had started, I myself was quite strongly "Anti-Facebook".

So, if you like and, if you can: GIVE YOUR VOTE for Richard's chance to attend the Poliglotti conference in Italy! :)

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 21 July 2012 at 7:51am

4 persons have voted this message useful

portunhol
Triglot
United States
thelinguistblogger.w
Joined 6011 days ago

198 posts - 299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: German, Arabic (classical)

Message 51 of 80
20 July 2012 at 9:16pm | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:
VIDEO - VOTING at GOETHE - INSTITUT

But we in this HTLAL - forum who also know Richard or even have personal contact with him via Skype for example should activate all our voting possibilities to give Richard a better chance to win the FIRST prize of the competition, because it is his personal desire to take part in the Poliglotti - conference in Italy and promote language learning and polyglottery there. I couldn't imagine a more suitable person to speak in public about these topics at an European conference.

Fasulye

I couldn't agree more Fasulye. Come on everyone, let's make this competition about languages again. Please vote here for Richard!

Edited by Fasulye on 21 July 2012 at 7:51am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5093 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 52 of 80
20 July 2012 at 9:30pm | IP Logged 
I have just sent all my Facebook contacts a message (with the link to the place to vote) asking them to vote for Richard, and my two daughters and my house guest have already given him their vote. If more of us did that, it should increase his chances even further.

Edit: And now my oldest daughter put it on her Facebook page asking people to vote for him too :-)

Edited by Solfrid Cristin on 20 July 2012 at 11:01pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

montmorency
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4587 days ago

2371 posts - 3676 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Danish, Welsh

Message 53 of 80
21 July 2012 at 12:22am | IP Logged 
I've also been spreading the word.

BTW, I haven't seen all the competing videos, but it says a lot for Richard's serious
approach to this that he took the trouble to put on subtitles, which his nearest rivals
haven't done (not that it was particularly relevant in the case of one of the
videos....).

1 person has voted this message useful

Mae
Trilingual Octoglot
Pro Member
Germany
Joined 4750 days ago

299 posts - 499 votes 
Speaks: German*, SpanishC2*, Swiss-German*, FrenchC2, EnglishC2, ItalianB2, Dutch, Portuguese
Studies: Russian, Swedish
Personal Language Map

Message 54 of 80
21 July 2012 at 6:44pm | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:
But we in this HTLAL - forum who also know Richard or even have personal
contact with him via Skype for example should activate all our voting possibilities to
give Richard a better chance to win the FIRST prize of the competition, because it is
his personal desire to take part in the Poliglotti - conference in Italy and promote
language learning and polyglottery there. I couldn't imagine a more suitable person to
speak in public about these topics at an European conference.

Absolutely!!!

portunhol wrote:
I couldn't agree more Fasulye. Come on everyone, let's make this
competition about languages again.

The Italian girl started discrediting Richard on the Goethe-Institute-page. No more
foul play! It is not about "winning a trip to Italy", it's about speaking up for
polyglottery on the international conference!!!

Solfrid Cristin wrote:
...guys, this is Torbyrne! How could we possibly not go in and
vote for him! Both because he really deserves it, and because he is one of our own. So
let us step on it, and give him all our support!

I can't believe it: His Facebook page has about 1500 "Likes"... People, where are you?

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5093 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 55 of 80
21 July 2012 at 6:52pm | IP Logged 
I fear that not many people see this, as it is "buried" in this thread. Perhaps we should open up a new
thread, just about this, and send a message to the TAC teams?

Mae
Trilingual Octoglot
Pro Member
Germany
Joined 4750 days ago

299 posts - 499 votes 
Speaks: German*, SpanishC2*, Swiss-German*, FrenchC2, EnglishC2, ItalianB2, Dutch, Portuguese
Studies: Russian, Swedish
Personal Language Map

Message 56 of 80
21 July 2012 at 7:01pm | IP Logged 
You're right! Why not?

This discussion contains 80 messages over 10 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version