Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5120 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 57 of 80
21 July 2012 at 7:09pm | IP Logged 
I have left a message at the TAC 2012 thread. After all Richard is a TAC member, so it would be great if more of us voted for him.

Oh, and he has passed the Italian girl and is now second, but he still need lots of votes to beat the Turks. Can anyone open a new thread about this, so that more people see it?
1 person has voted this message useful

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5342 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 58 of 80
21 July 2012 at 8:43pm | IP Logged 
Another 2 votes from my wife and I. We're rooting for you, Richard! :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5881 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 59 of 80
21 July 2012 at 11:10pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for all of your support. I appreciate all of the help to round up votes. This has certainly not been an
easy competition to get people to vote in. I understand why too. Were it not for this particular prize, I would
not have entered. Speaking at the conference is just too good an opportunity to promote language learning
to pass up.

There is definitely no pause in the vote count for the others in the competition, including the banana men... ;p

Thanks again for your continued push for votes of support for me! :)

swedeenz
New ZealandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4800 days ago

17 posts - 23 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Bulgarian

Message 60 of 80
23 July 2012 at 3:52am | IP Logged 
Girlfriend and I have voted for you Richard, good luck!

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5881 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 61 of 80
25 July 2012 at 8:31am | IP Logged 
Thank you for your support in the Goethe Institute competition. I am pleased to say that I have been officially
named as Ambassador for Multilingualism to attend the conference in November. :)

Here is the link announcing it this morning: http://www.goethe.de/ges/spa/prj/mes/enindex.htm

Edited by Torbyrne on 25 July 2012 at 9:07am

5 persons have voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5120 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 62 of 80
25 July 2012 at 8:50am | IP Logged 
GREAT! I am so happy for you. Any other result would have been really sad for language learning.
Congratulations!!!

How many votes did you and the next two contestants have in the end?

Edited by Solfrid Cristin on 25 July 2012 at 8:51am

Axystos
Pentaglot
Antarctica
Joined 6619 days ago

20 posts - 43 votes
Speaks: Dutch*, English, German, French, Russian
Studies: Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Japanese, Czech, Polish

Message 63 of 80
25 July 2012 at 9:34am | IP Logged 
Congrats!

I'm curious: apart from going to that conference in Italy, what exactly do you have to do as an Ambassador for Multilingualism? :)

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5881 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 

Message 64 of 80
25 July 2012 at 11:14am | IP Logged 
I got 477 votes in the end. The support from all corners of the language community was amazing. I cannot
say thank you enough for that.

In terms of what it means to be an Ambassador for Multilingualism. Well, the role has not been defined yet
much beyond the conference. However, I see it as an opportunity to really help to promote language learning
away from the conference too. I would like to see more done to tackle the decline in Europe of third language
acquisition for example. From the statistics on the poliglotti4.eu page I have seen, people seem to be moving
towards learning only English in addition to their mother tongue.

I do what I can to promote, aid and join up language learners and to also add to the rich community we have
online. I see this an a chance to promote that further. :)

This discussion contains 80 messages over 10 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version