Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 5701 days ago

71 posts - 79 votes 
Studies: Italian

Message 1 of 3
17 October 2008 at 3:05pm | IP Logged 
hi all,

going to give the shadow reading a try,and was just wondering if anyone has heard the harry potter German audio book "Harry potter und der stein weisen",I would like to know if the narrator on the audio would be a suitable example to follow accent wise,I would hate to get to the end of the book talking with what seems like a lisp or not pronouncing my Rs,thanks
1 person has voted this message useful

Othar
Diglot
Germany
Joined 6020 days ago

185 posts - 205 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: Norwegian, Turkish

Message 2 of 3
18 October 2008 at 9:39am | IP Logged 
I do not know this audiobook but the narrator.
He is a German theater and voice actor who got several awards as a reader of audiobooks. So his language should be very good. But it is very likely that he gave some of the characters (mainly Hagrid) at least a little dialect.

Feculent
Switzerland
Joined 5972 days ago

136 posts - 144 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, German

Message 3 of 3
26 October 2008 at 3:51pm | IP Logged 
I've got it and the reading is really very good, the only problem you might have with shadowing it is that with the characters he uses different voices. He uses a low gruff voice for Hagrid for example, but overall I think it would be very useful for you =)

Edited by Feculent on 26 October 2008 at 3:55pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version