myspace.com/aqueda_v
Joined 5799 days ago

154 posts - 164 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, Japanese
Studies: Mandarin

Message 1 of 5
20 October 2008 at 6:30pm | IP Logged 
漢字はそんなに難しくないぞ!

Ok, and so the day has come that I actually enjoyed KANJI lesson. Really, ME of all the people!

Today we had the first 'reading comprehension' class this semester. New teacher, new rules. This class is devoted to reading original texts in Japanese, mainly newspaper articles. And we were all terrified just thinking about that, it seemed so time-consuming and useless.
However the way our teacher conducted the whole thing was really cool, we weren't stressed or intimidated at all. The first thing he said when entering the classroom was 'Close your dictionaries, open up your minds and just think!' and that was absolutely brilliant! It really wasn't that bad after all.
I was really proud of myself that I figured out how to read a quite difficult compound: 窃盗(せっとう). I knew how to read the second kanji, and could figure out the meaning of the word from context but I've never encountered the first kanji before. When I turned to my teacher for help he said he was sure I could figure it out by myself by looking at the structure of the sign. So of course I saw the element 切 (きる;セツ)and realized it has be read せっとう.

All in all... not a bad day for practicing my reading skills in Japanese ^_^

Any comments or tips for learning kanji would be greatly appreciated, all you people out there!

Edited by Aquedita on 21 October 2008 at 6:45am

1 person has voted this message useful

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4920 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 
Speaks: Indonesian*

Message 3 of 5
05 June 2016 at 6:33pm | IP Logged 
Try "Smart Kanji Book". It's available in pdf.

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6488 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 4 of 5
06 June 2016 at 7:03pm | IP Logged 
Did you notice that the message you answered was written in October 2008? And Aquedita hasn't visited the forum the last 6 years or so...

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4920 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 
Speaks: Indonesian*

Message 5 of 5
07 June 2016 at 7:01pm | IP Logged 
Yes, I did. I read through the language learning log from the last page and try to help as best as I can.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version