Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

TAC09 Russian & Hungarian (#lal) (+Nor.)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
172 messages over 22 pages: 1 2 3 46 7 ... 5 ... 21 22 Next >>
tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6464 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, Norwegian, EnglishC1, Russian, French
Studies: Ukrainian, Bulgarian

Message 33 of 172
16 December 2008 at 4:25pm | IP Logged 
Hungarian

Did some more words + reviewed all the exercises in the first 9 chapters of Assimil. I hope to do lesson 10 tomorrow. Also listened to unit 6 of Pimsleur. The good thing is that the same words are popping up in Assimil, among my flashcards and in Pimsleur. Hungarian feels way easier than Russian so far.

Russian

Very long lang-8 post. Probably too long = too many mistakes.
Skype session with Aleksey. I think it went better than last time!

Edited by tricoteuse on 16 December 2008 at 4:27pm

1 person has voted this message useful

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6464 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 

Message 34 of 172
18 December 2008 at 2:46pm | IP Logged 
HUNGARIAN

Did lesson 10 & 11 of Assimil and looked through the suffixes so far. There's a couple of those now, and they are starting to occupy less than obvious functions, but so far, so good. I'm only a bit confused about the infinitives for verbs since it first says "vizsgázik" when they talk about forming the verb from the noun "vizsga" and then the form I'm used to, "vizsgásni". I may have a look in my small grammar book.

I have noticed that it is getting easier and easier to understand the sentences that follow every dialogue/text, the "Exercises".

Also learned some more words and have done 95 flashcards so far. Sometimes I manage to grab a bunch with only small, cute, simple words without synonyms, and sometimes only 6 syllable ones with two synonyms (the cards are intented for Hungarian learners of English).

Done Pimsleur 7 as well.

RUSSIAN

Not very attentively listening to radio for a couple of hours >_> I do understand a big amount of the words, they just aren't sentences for me yet.

I have a feeling I'm forgetting something...

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6464 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 

Message 35 of 172
20 December 2008 at 4:40pm | IP Logged 
HUNGARIAN

Hello weekend, goodbye structure!
Pimsleur 8. That's it.
And 10 or so more flashcards on Friday as well as starting on Assimil 12.

FRENCH

Lang-8 post.

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6464 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 

Message 36 of 172
21 December 2008 at 6:33pm | IP Logged 
HUNGARIAN

Lessons 12 & 13 of Assimil, although 13 needs a lot more listening and repeating. Many new words were introduced (more than 10 verbs) and I feel very shaky about the suffixes so far -_-

Tomorrow, while waiting at airports, I will go through all my flashcards so far and reread old lessons.

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6464 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 

Message 37 of 172
23 December 2008 at 10:55am | IP Logged 
HUNGARIAN

Since I had been falling behind on my Pimsleur, I did lessons 9 & 10 today. I'm way way too busy with knitting right now to do anything else than listen to stuff and knit. I may do another one today. I feel that two lessons a day is much better than just one.

FRENCH

Well, nothing yet, but I'll be listening as much as I can tonight. Le Parfume. Only I forgot the note on which I had written where I were at in Oslo... >_<

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6464 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 

Message 38 of 172
26 December 2008 at 2:50am | IP Logged 
HUNGARIAN

Due to the knitting, I've done 3 Pimsleur units (11, 12, 13) and only one Assimil, the review lesson number 14. I will do more Assimil today, and hopefully learn some more flashcards.

FRENCH

Lots of listening to Le Parfum. I've got perhaps 40 minutes of it left.

RUSSIAN

Noooot much happening here, I've only translated about half of this article for a friend (into French): http://ipicture.ru/Gallery/Viewfull/10627207.html
At first I was a bit "gah, nooo" but then I discovered the article was easy so it's all good.
I've also found (or been found) by a new Russian to chat with, which is very nice, and I guess I could throw in a couple of hours of chatting in Russian into these latest two days's accomplishments. Anki word count is now at 790.

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6464 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 

Message 39 of 172
26 December 2008 at 11:13am | IP Logged 
HUNGARIAN

Assimil 15 and Pimsleur 14. All good. Ten new flashcards. I will do more listening to the Assimil lesson though, and shadow it some.

RUSSIAN

Tried to listen to some podcasts (perhaps 40 minutes). The first one, The Big Podcast was just horrible. Sure, I pick up words all over the place but I understand close to nothing. Then I did a news podcast which was slightly better, then this simplified one which was very much okay. I hate my listening skills though. And lack of vocab.
Read 13 pages of Портрет (literature log).

I want to do some writing but my hands and arms are too messed up to cope with it.

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6464 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 

Message 40 of 172
27 December 2008 at 1:50pm | IP Logged 
HUNGARIAN

Only Pimsleur 15... Family came to visit -_-

RUSSIAN

Almost finished translating that article. Some more listening done last night as well.

This discussion contains 172 messages over 22 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version