16 messages over 2 pages: 1 2  Next >>
ElComadreja
Philippines
bibletranslatio
Joined 6998 days ago

683 posts - 757 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Portuguese, Latin, Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Cebuano, French, Tagalog

Message 1 of 16
03 March 2005 at 6:00pm | IP Logged 
What a wonderful course this is! I have a natural talent for accents, and I think my french one was good after a bit of pimsleur. I even managed that diffcult rolling french r (don't know how). But FSI has kind of blurred everything together & I decided to try this out. More on this later.
1 person has voted this message useful

jradetzky
Triglot
United Kingdom
geocities.com/jradet
Joined 6967 days ago

521 posts - 485 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2, GermanB1

Message 2 of 16
04 March 2005 at 11:07am | IP Logged 
C'est magnifique mon ami!

morprussell
Diglot
United States
Joined 6923 days ago

272 posts - 285 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French

Message 3 of 16
31 October 2005 at 1:17pm | IP Logged 
ElComadreja - Have you finished this course? If so can you provide more feedback?   Thanks!

Edited by morprussell on 01 November 2005 at 12:16pm

Andy E
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6863 days ago

1651 posts - 1939 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, French

Message 4 of 16
01 November 2005 at 3:32am | IP Logged 
Well, thank you kindly for bouncing this back to the top of the "Active Topics" list, I had no idea such a series existed. This has been promptly added to my Amazon wishlist.

A quick search has revealed that a new Spanish CD version is out in the new year. See here for details.

Andy.

patuco
Diglot
Gibraltar
Joined 6775 days ago

3795 posts - 4268 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, English*
Personal Language Map

Message 5 of 16
01 November 2005 at 3:58am | IP Logged 
The series is also available in Japanese, Russian, German, Italian and English. Of these, only the English one is available in CDs. The others are either unavailable or on cassettes (see here). Hopefully, they will all be changed into CD format soon.

ElComadreja
Philippines
bibletranslatio
Joined 6998 days ago

683 posts - 757 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Portuguese, Latin, Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Cebuano, French, Tagalog

Message 6 of 16
01 November 2005 at 6:02pm | IP Logged 
No, I haven’t really done anything with this lately. I’ve been concentrating on the FSI course, and my Spanish skills as well. It might be a good experiment at some point. Read a passage before the course & after and post it here to see the difference.

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6965 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 7 of 16
01 February 2014 at 9:26pm | IP Logged 
I picked up Prounounce it Perfectly in French today. They came out with a 3rd edition in 2013. I've just started looking at it and listening, but some things I like are that it includes the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA), which seems like it could be useful in the long run.

It has concise descriptions of syllabification and other hints and tips in good pronunciation. There are 3 audio CDs in the course. There is a good bit of English on the CDs. They are meant to allow you to study with or without the book. Using them with the book is recommended.

I've been working on French Phonology lately with the FSI French Phonology and the first 10 lessons of DLI French, but the audio on those courses is not as clear as a modern recording.

One difference between Pronounce It Perfectly in French and FSI French Phonology is that the FSI course has includes a communication component and it is a predecessor to FSI Basic French. PIPIF is meant as a compliment or adjunct to any course for any student.
4 persons have voted this message useful

daristani
United States
Joined 6904 days ago

752 posts - 1661 votes 
Studies: Uzbek

Message 8 of 16
02 February 2014 at 2:25am | IP Logged 
I don't want to hijack the thread, but want to reference another book source, with free audio, that goes into French pronunciation in a very detailed way for people who already know the basics and are trying to perfect their pronunciation.

It's the book D'Accord, the audio for which is now available for free download at the publisher's site.

An earlier thread on it is available here: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=37033&PN=1

4 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 16 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version