Groupie
United States
Joined 5809 days ago

57 posts - 61 votes 
Speaks: English*, FrenchB2, Japanese
Studies: Italian

Message 1 of 9
19 January 2009 at 8:57pm | IP Logged 
Does anyone know where I can find the audio, book and the year it was published? I would like to find the audio in mp3 or similar format if possible. I don't have a usb turntable. I would like to get an actual book if available but am willing to using pdf if I have to. Paying is not an issue. Just want to find the material for my studies.

Eric Lecours
1 person has voted this message useful

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6697 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 9
20 January 2009 at 10:22am | IP Logged 
I am quite sure that you can find the 2nd generation in mp3/PDF by just using a search engine. (Which is that by the way? "Spanish with Ease"?)

I don't know of any "officially" digitized version of the material, and downloading it (if you find it) would most likely be considered being illegal - if that is not a problem, just use Google or the equivalent.

My edition is "Spanish with ease" (1987):

Quote:
Includes 4 audio CDs (3h 20m) and a 474 page course book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spanish-Ease-Assimil-Method-Books/dp /2700510704

Jeff Lindqvist

musigny
Triglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 5809 days ago

57 posts - 61 votes 

Message 3 of 9
20 January 2009 at 12:17pm | IP Logged 
Jeff, am I right when I think Prof Arg believes the 2nd Gen is the best? I don't mind buying the records and trying to convert them somehow. I have the latest gen (4th?); 2004 is noted. It is actually the French version of the Spanish, L'Espagnol collection Sans Peine. Do you know how the 3rd gen ('87?) compares to the 2nd?

Best,
Eric Lecours

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6697 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 4 of 9
20 January 2009 at 6:51pm | IP Logged 
I have no idea how the the various editions compare to each other, but it is my assumption that "the older, the better" is something that Prof. Arguelles has said.

Since many editions have the same name, it is a bit difficult to track them down. There are several editions of "Spanish without Toil", and probably several "Spanish with Ease", so just the name will not do.

In the old Assimil thread, he mentions that the Linghuaphone courses produced half a century ago were a polyglot's dream (as the contents and structure were basically the same for every language). I am curious to know if this may have been the case for the older Assimil editions as well.

Good luck in your search for the 2nd edition!

Jeff Lindqvist

Spiderkat
Diglot
United States
Joined 5600 days ago

175 posts - 248 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: Russian

Message 5 of 9
20 January 2009 at 10:04pm | IP Logged 
I have the book second edition 1981 and it looks like that, see link below. It's an update of the very earlier edition 1957 as stated on one of the first pages of this book. I believe that the edition 1981 (book + audio) is actually the one "available" somewhere out there on the Internet.

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/2700500946?ie=UTF8&tag=archi %20nform-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASI N=2%20700500946

Edited by Spiderkat on 20 January 2009 at 11:13pm

musigny
Triglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 5809 days ago

57 posts - 61 votes 

Message 6 of 9
20 January 2009 at 11:56pm | IP Logged 
Spiderkat wrote:
I have the book second edition 1981 and it looks like that, see link below. It's an update of the very earlier edition 1957 as stated on one of the first pages of this book. I believe that the edition 1981 (book + audio) is actually the one "available" somewhere out there on the Internet.

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/2700500946?ie=UTF8&tag=archi %20nform-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASI N=2%20700500946

I'm trying to get my head wrapped around the publication dates. It looks like there was a French edition in 1975, that must be the second generation and corresponds with the English addition of 1981. I can get the French edition for 9 euros (amazon.fr) while the English addition is $50, both book only.

josht
Diglot
United States
Joined 6234 days ago

635 posts - 857 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Spanish, Russian, Dutch

Message 7 of 9
21 January 2009 at 5:35am | IP Logged 
This may be what you're after:

http://www.amazon.com/Spanish-Ease-Language-Learning-Program s/dp/2700510704

I just purchased it (I literally received it in the mail yesterday), and it has a copyright date of 1987 inside the book. If it is what you're after, it's $33 for both book and CDs.

Juan M.
Colombia
Joined 5687 days ago

460 posts - 597 votes 

Message 8 of 9
21 January 2009 at 9:58am | IP Logged 
I've wondered about this for a while, and even asked about it in the Assimil thread but never received a reply. I'd like to know how to identify second editions of Assimil books when looking at on-line listings.

This discussion contains 9 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version