nowneverends
United States
Joined 5194 days ago

26 posts - 38 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 17 of 20
12 February 2010 at 8:44pm | IP Logged 
Have you tried the library? Many libraries have Pimsleur and if yours doesn't some
libraries have differnt inner-library loan systems, so you can get them from somewhere
else.

Edit: inter-library

Edited by nowneverends on 17 February 2010 at 1:14am

1 person has voted this message useful

June10
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5168 days ago

4 posts - 4 votes
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Spanish

Message 18 of 20
13 February 2010 at 2:07pm | IP Logged 
nowneverends wrote:
Have you tried the library? Many libraries have Pimsleur and if yours doesn't some libraries have differnt inner-library loan systems, so you can get them from somewhere else.

Yes, I've tried the library and searched the online database. Though I found one or two courses, I couldn't find the particular course, i.e. Pimsleur French, I was looking for. I may speak to the library people in person to see whether they know a way to procure the respective course.

habadzi
Super Polyglot
Greece
Joined 5333 days ago

70 posts - 106 votes 
Speaks: Greek*, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Hindi, French, German, Italian, Ancient Greek, Modern Hebrew, Arabic (classical), Indonesian, Bengali, Albanian, Nepali

Message 19 of 20
16 February 2010 at 5:59am | IP Logged 
I have bought a few from ebay, stores that sell the files as downloadables. I get them at about $100 per level. Check ebay to see. Also put the word 'tapes'. The tape versions are still sold sometimes, and they are much cheaper. Then you digitize.

Yinon wrote:
Hello,
(despite the fact that this post must have been made already in the past, the search
results didn't fish a thing.)
I was wondering if anyone could share an insight of how to acquire the Pimsleur
courses - for a fair price.
I want to study languages sincerely, but I lack the financial resources to do so. I
did figure out a work-around, but it's which one might consider "indecent".

Anyway, for various reasons (poor quality, out-dated edition, conscience) I decided
not to download the course off the internet, but rather to purchase a rightful copy of
it. And since I haven't got the money to invest in it (~500$), I hoped any of you
people might have a clue on how to get it for a reasonable price (second hand, third
hand, under a curse, etc.).
I shall be eagerly awaiting your comments.

whisk
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5527 days ago

6 posts - 10 votes
Speaks: Cantonese, English*
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin

Message 20 of 20
22 February 2010 at 8:54am | IP Logged 
You can try Used Pimsleur

I haven't bought from them myself, but if you buy their comprehensive series, you can sell it back to them for USD $100. Each level costs are USD$145-$155 from the ones I've seen (Spanish and Mandarin)

Also check out Pimselur Method At the top right hand of the page there is a link to a "Scratch and Dent" sale with editions of Pimsleur that have damaged cases. Within that page is a link to overstock too, all of which is discounted and undamaged.

This discussion contains 20 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version