Groupie
Denmark
Joined 5585 days ago

58 posts - 65 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, English, French
Studies: German, Arabic (Written)

Message 9 of 34
13 February 2009 at 1:47am | IP Logged 
I finished Pim 24 and started 25. They do become a little easier when a "basic" knowledge has been established.

I Assimil I progressed to lesson 5, but 4 and especially 5 needs some extra work. It is really a significant difference between Pimsleur and Assimil.

I am still experimenting with shadowing, and although I keep it indoor, I am pretty amazed with the results already. I have edited most of the silence and the exercises out of the first cd.

- Thomas

1 person has voted this message useful

Thomas_DC
Triglot
Groupie
Denmark
Joined 5585 days ago

58 posts - 65 votes 

Message 10 of 34
14 February 2009 at 3:01am | IP Logged 
Salut mes amis!
I've just done Pim 26 for the second time. I had to pause briefly a few places, but I’m probably going to continue to 27 anyway :)

I have finished the first 7 lessons in Assimil - or "finished" might not be the right word, because some of the pronunciation, especially in number 5, is still very hard for me. The plan is to keep shadowing finished lessons, and then still take one or two new lessons a day.

Tomorrow I’ve studied French for one month. With that taken into account, I am very satisfied with my progression. I still can't converse with anyone though, other than with the few of pimsleurs standard-phrases that I've used most. I can't wait for that moment when I am able to understand and speak enough for a simple conversation. That'll probably be the turning point when I can say "je parle un peu le français" and mean other than "un vreiment petit peu" - or something like that!

À demain!
Thomas

Thomas_DC
Triglot
Groupie
Denmark
Joined 5585 days ago

58 posts - 65 votes 

Message 11 of 34
15 February 2009 at 3:50am | IP Logged 
Yesterday was a little slow. I studied another assimil lesson, but didn't do Pim 27, as was planned.

I'd better do that now then!

- Thomas

Thomas_DC
Triglot
Groupie
Denmark
Joined 5585 days ago

58 posts - 65 votes 

Message 12 of 34
16 February 2009 at 1:28am | IP Logged 
I finished 27 this morning, and am about to do some assimil :)

Thomas_DC
Triglot
Groupie
Denmark
Joined 5585 days ago

58 posts - 65 votes 

Message 13 of 34
17 February 2009 at 2:46am | IP Logged 
I'm back in school again, so my French studies will be a "little" less concentrated in the near future. I'll still try and do at least one lesson pimsleur and one assimil each day though.

I'll finish Pim 28 today and start Assimil 11.
I'm very satisfied with the shadowing technique. Although the vocabulary has more variation and the dialogues seem pretty difficult, I’ve been surprised that they actually stick. I wouldn't have thought that i could learn new vocabulary this easy without Pimsleurs throughout repetition, but for some reason, most of my super-memo entries from assimil have become quite easy!

Pimsleur 1 will be finished in two or three days, so a new milestone is coming up! I'm really looking forward to start reading Harry Potter now.

Thomas_DC
Triglot
Groupie
Denmark
Joined 5585 days ago

58 posts - 65 votes 

Message 14 of 34
18 February 2009 at 2:29pm | IP Logged 
Aujourd'hui, je fait le Pimsleur lecon trente pour la premiere temps, et Assimil lecon douze.

Ma/mon "spell-checker" ne comprends pas le francais!

Ok - at least I have given it a try ;) - what I am struggling to explain in French, is that I have done Pimsleur lesson 30 for the first time, and assimil lesson 12 today... And that my "spell checker" (or whatever it is called in the English version of word) - does not understand French ;)

- Thomas

Thomas_DC
Triglot
Groupie
Denmark
Joined 5585 days ago

58 posts - 65 votes 

Message 15 of 34
20 February 2009 at 3:39pm | IP Logged 
Bonjour. Hier et aujourd'hui, j'ai fait Pimsleur lecon un et assimil lecon quinze.

Hi, yesterday and today, I did Pimsleur lesson 2-01 and asimmil lesson 15.

Does anyone know how to make the "ç" character? I'm just copy/pasting it here.

mishels
Diglot
Israel
Joined 5594 days ago

39 posts - 39 votes
Speaks: Modern Hebrew*, English
Studies: German, French

Message 16 of 34
25 February 2009 at 3:47pm | IP Logged 
Hi Thomas, if you're using the international English keyboard layout, then you just type ' and the c and you get ç.

I thought I should mention that it's leçon and not lecon, but you probably know that if you asked how to type it :)

I've also finished the first 30 lessons of Pimsleur and I'm at about lesson 22 in Assimil. I still haven't read the shadowning technique... where could I find the thread that discusses it?

I have had some problems understanding something in the last couple of lessons in Pimsleur, check out my thread, maybe you could help.

Mishel.

This discussion contains 34 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 13 4 5  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version