United States
Joined 6987 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 82 of 117
25 August 2007 at 6:04am | IP Logged 
Quote:
If you have bitten off more than you can chew, you just have to sacrifice certain languages, which can be extremely painful, as well as a great loss of time, so again, I heartily recommend acquiring more selectively than I did.

Quote:
Which brings me to the last point - when discussing compulsive time management skills...

Quote:
I took more time than I could afford out of my afternoon schedule to compare older and updated offerings by the same publisher. I didn't need to *prove* this to myself - I already knew it - but it was good to find that it could be proven so easily.

If you read his posts carefully, Ardaschir often spoke of time and the value of time. He invested a lot of time in his posts. In the grand scheme of his life, he probably thought his time would be better spent as a non-member.

Edited by luke on 25 August 2007 at 6:23am

1 person has voted this message useful

FSI
United States
Joined 6141 days ago

550 posts - 590 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 84 of 117
25 August 2007 at 6:34am | IP Logged 
Yes; I agree with you both. Most likely he found the forum incompatible with either his ideas or time commitments - most likely, with both. Oh well.

tmesis
Mayotte
Joined 6430 days ago

154 posts - 146 votes 

Message 85 of 117
25 August 2007 at 7:40am | IP Logged 
-

Edited by tmesis on 17 February 2008 at 2:34pm

Cage
Diglot
aka a.ardaschira, Athena, Michael Thomas
United States
Joined 6406 days ago

382 posts - 393 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French, Portuguese

Message 86 of 117
26 August 2007 at 5:30am | IP Logged 
tmesis, if you are right, he might need to seek some professional help..;)

Kugel
United States
Joined 6320 days ago

497 posts - 555 votes 

Message 87 of 117
26 August 2007 at 12:54pm | IP Logged 
Is this the same guy that teaches over at New College in San Fransisco? Why of all places did he decide to teach there?

As far as I know, this is the only website out there that has a sizable amount of language learning information. All the others are just minor blogs or storefronts. Why would a language enthusiast simply drop all contact with the forum? 15 min every weekend is not going to ruin somebody's schedule. To say it would would be dishonest.

It would've been nice to see how Ardashir responded to the guy selling his Pimsleur products a week or two ago.    

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6691 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 88 of 117
26 August 2007 at 3:14pm | IP Logged 
I've always thought it was as simple as that Ardaschir had a lot of other things to focus on, namely his book on polyglottery and of course life in general after what happened in Lebanon last year.

This discussion contains 117 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version