Nephilim
Diglot
Poland
Joined 6925 days ago

363 posts - 368 votes 
Speaks: English*, Polish

Message 9 of 117
16 October 2005 at 11:59pm | IP Logged 
It was interesting to read Luke's post. I too have saved and printed all of Ardaschir's posts and have them all in a special file. It's not just because they are so interesting - we all know that - and it's not just because they are all so authoritative and well thought out - we all know that, too. No, it's more because they are so motivating to read and I think that members of the forum think 'well, if he can do all that, then I can definitely pursue my own smaller language goals.'

The problem is, of course, it's precisely because he is so knowledgeable that he has so little free time. not only does he have to constantly have to maintain his incredible amount of languages but he also has his professional duties and a family to find time for. As if all this weren't enough his is now, I believe, in the process of writing a book on polyglottery.

Administrator, let's do our very, very best to get Ardaschir back - even if he only appears for 2-3 days at the end of each month. I think I speak for all forum members when I say his posts and his opinions are extremely valuable to us.

Come back Ardaschir!

Edited by Nephilim on 17 October 2005 at 12:04am

1 person has voted this message useful

wetnose
Groupie
United States
Joined 6758 days ago

90 posts - 98 votes 
Studies: Mandarin, English*
Studies: Japanese

Message 10 of 117
17 October 2005 at 9:25pm | IP Logged 
I, too would like Ardaschir to come around more frequently - his posts are always great help, and pretty much everyone highly appreciates them.

By the way, those of you that have saved his posts to a file: do you mind sending me a copy?

Nephilim
Diglot
Poland
Joined 6925 days ago

363 posts - 368 votes 

Message 11 of 117
18 October 2005 at 12:46am | IP Logged 
Wetnose,

I just put the name 'Ardaschir' into the search box and printed out all the discussions he was involved in. I have all of them in a paper folder and read them from time to time.

cheemaster
Canada
Joined 6825 days ago

35 posts - 35 votes

Message 12 of 117
19 October 2005 at 12:42pm | IP Logged 
Nephilim wrote:
I just put the name 'Ardaschir' into the search box and printed out all the discussions he was involved in. I have all of them in a paper folder and read them from time to time.

I too did this. It seems fans of great minds think alike ;)

Nephilim
Diglot
Poland
Joined 6925 days ago

363 posts - 368 votes 

Message 13 of 117
19 October 2005 at 2:42pm | IP Logged 
Cheemaster,

We just have to find a way to get Ardaschir back on the site. I must have read his posts a hundred times each.

Administrator,

Can you track down the elusive Ardaschir and find out if he plans to return at all. Even if he posted only one of his mega posts a month it would still be great.

administrator
Hexaglot
Forum Admin
Switzerland
FXcuisine.com
Joined 7156 days ago

3094 posts - 2987 votes 
12 sounds
Speaks: French*, EnglishC2, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian
Personal Language Map

Message 14 of 117
20 October 2005 at 3:21pm | IP Logged 
I have contacted Ardaschir to let him know he is sorely missed. If anybody starts to pick on him like we saw at the very beginning of the forum, I'll deal with them accordingly. Let's hope he has time for the forum!

Nephilim
Diglot
Poland
Joined 6925 days ago

363 posts - 368 votes 

Message 15 of 117
20 October 2005 at 3:27pm | IP Logged 
Good move administrator. I wasn't a member of the forum at the beginning so I'm nor exactly sure what you mean when you say 'pick on him'. Could you explain what this means? I'm sure many of the newer mambers may also be confused by this.

Did Ardaschir say why he had left the forum? I suspect it was because he needs masses of time to keep up his languages and his professional duties. I also believe he has a young son as well.

I do hope he didn't leave the forum because people were discourteous to him.

Nephilim
Diglot
Poland
Joined 6925 days ago

363 posts - 368 votes 

Message 16 of 117
20 October 2005 at 3:29pm | IP Logged 
couldn't we have one of those voting poles to vote Ardaschir back (assuming of course he wants to come and has the time). Just an idea.

This discussion contains 117 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version