Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Most useful posts about learning methods?

Language Learning Forum : Learning Techniques, Methods & Strategies Post Reply
14 messages over 2 pages: 1
Recht
Diglot
United States
Joined 5560 days ago

241 posts - 270 votes 
Speaks: English*, GermanB1

Message 9 of 14
13 May 2009 at 8:09pm | IP Logged 
Iversen wrote:
I'm deeply flattered. However before anybody starts searching for
bits and pieces of my outpourings all over the place I would like to mention that I
have compiled a Wordfile with those of my general posts that I myself find most
relevant (apart from my logfile, for which I have separate backupfiles). If anybody
wants a links list I can simply copy them from this document, and that will be much
faster than letting anybody else read through thousands of pages. Place keep an eye on
my profile thread, because that's where I logically should put such things.

Well that takes all the fun out of it!
1 person has voted this message useful

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6462 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 10 of 14
14 May 2009 at 3:49am | IP Logged 
Maybe you can beat me to it - and maybe my own preferred posts aren't those that others might find most useful.

Edited by Iversen on 01 June 2009 at 10:20pm

Dark_Sunshine
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5524 days ago

340 posts - 357 votes 
Speaks: English*, French

Message 11 of 14
14 May 2009 at 12:18pm | IP Logged 
We should make this thread a sticky- mods??

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6462 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 12 of 14
18 May 2009 at 12:24pm | IP Logged 
I have now made my list in my profile thread, and it has also been entertaining for myself to look back on earlier utterances. Most of them still are valid, but I have changed my method of doing word lists.

I faintly remember that somebody once made a similar meta-post for the early work of ProfArguelles, but I don't think that it has been updated. It seems that the professor is now going to establish a text collection on his homepage, which will fill the hole.

I would personally like to see similar links collections for other members with many posts, but it does take time to do them. If I hadn't already had my 'backup' Word file I might have been too lazy to do mine.

Edited by Iversen on 18 May 2009 at 12:25pm

Alkeides
Bhutan
Joined 5907 days ago

636 posts - 644 votes 

Message 13 of 14
18 May 2009 at 1:19pm | IP Logged 
I made a compilation of furyou_gaijin's posts both from this forum and elsewhere. His method for using podcasts for portable study, SRS use and Chinese character learning are rather useful IMO.

zenmonkey
Bilingual Tetraglot
Germany
Joined 6311 days ago

803 posts - 1119 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: EnglishC2*, Spanish*, French, German
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew

Message 14 of 14
01 June 2009 at 7:05pm | IP Logged 
I'll try to take the other's point and add them to the top post as a compiled post.

Edited by zenmonkey on 01 June 2009 at 7:13pm

This discussion contains 14 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version