United States
isby-girlfriend.smac
Joined 5879 days ago

32 posts - 32 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin

Message 1 of 2
11 June 2009 at 7:29pm | IP Logged 
I've been looking for books/manhua/manga(translated to Chinese) too help with learning too read in Mandarin. I found some(on YesAsia.com ), but sadly they're all written with Traditional Chinese characters. Does anyone know where to get some books/manhua/manga with the simplified script(other than Harry Potter and Twilight)? (books preferably for teens; can be from from Mainland China or Singapore) On a side note, I did find books/manhua (like 天使, 鼹鼠同萌, and 泡沫王子)simplified on http://www.amazon.cn , however the site is all in Chinese and I'm sure the shipping would be a little much since it's coming from Beijing...if the ship to America. ^^; Also, has anyone seen Chinese books at bookstores/libraries, I've yet to see one. ]:
1 person has voted this message useful

Budz
Octoglot
Australia
languagepump.com
Joined 6167 days ago

118 posts - 171 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, Russian, Esperanto, Ukrainian, Mandarin, Cantonese, French
Studies: Italian, Spanish, Korean, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Persian, Hungarian, Kazakh, Swahili, Vietnamese, Polish

Message 2 of 2
16 June 2009 at 12:43pm | IP Logged 
There is a Chinese website called... www.studychineseculture.com

They have heaps of material for Chinese. And I've ordered from them many times.

The prices are ok and the postage is basically exactly the cost of the books. Which can also be quite cheap. It seems quite a lot, but in practice it's pretty cheap.

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version