Sennin
Bulgaria
Joined 5830 days ago

1457 posts - 1759 votes 
5 sounds

Message 9 of 14
30 June 2009 at 9:01pm | IP Logged 
Cristiana wrote:
Sennin, today is your lucky day! I have to tell you that you're horribly wrong on all acounts and I hope that you wake up one day and realize just how deeply mistaken you were :P

Oh. I will keep my opinions to myself in the future :D.
1 person has voted this message useful

Ashley_Victrola
United States
Joined 5502 days ago

416 posts - 429 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, Romanian

Message 10 of 14
30 June 2009 at 11:25pm | IP Logged 
Sennin wrote:
Yea.. I can't understand why so many people want to learn Romanian. In my opinion it sounds horrible. No offence intended, it's just my personal sentiment. The way I see it, it is a difficult language with limited practical value and no aesthetic appeal.

For those of you under the spell of Vlad Dracula, you're better off learning Hungarian ;p. That's what they speak in Transylvania.

Ouch dude, Christ, is there some kind of beef between Bulgarians and Romanians I didn't know about? Personally I love the way Romanian sounds, definitely better than Bulgarian:)...or Spanish for the matter. And it would be way more difficult to learn Hungarian or Bulgarian for that matter. I love how it combines Romance and Slavic linguistic traits. Although if we ARE talking about langs with limited practical value, how about Dutch or Tagalog or ESPERANTO...I mean WTF??? (Just kidding guys, I love you all.) Anyway while you're so busy typing Sennin, why don't you update the dictionary and keep the trash talk to yourself, ok? Peace!

Edited by Ashley_Victrola on 30 June 2009 at 11:26pm

Sennin
Bulgaria
Joined 5830 days ago

1457 posts - 1759 votes 
5 sounds

Message 11 of 14
01 July 2009 at 2:05am | IP Logged 
No, seriously, I don't like the way it sounds. I don't like the way Bulgarian sounds either, although I am accustomed to that and don't care.

On the other hand, I like the sound of Spanish, it is by far my favourite lang in that respect; Better than French! Very passionate and expressive.

Edited by Sennin on 01 July 2009 at 2:08am

Cristiana
Diglot
Romania
Joined 5796 days ago

31 posts - 38 votes
Speaks: Romanian*, English
Studies: Russian

Message 12 of 14
01 July 2009 at 7:22am | IP Logged 
Ashley_Victrola, no one likes Romanians (except a small percentage of Moldovans, but they're being taken care of).

Bulgarians are indeed a weird sort though. Have you ever asked a waitress to bring you the check only to have her shake her head emphatically at you and then leave without a word?
As for their language, I don't know if anyone can think of Bulgarians as anything other than soft and cuddly after hearing them say 'stotinki' :)

Unfortunately, Sennin, my feelings are not at all mutual and I actually love the way Bulgarian sounds :( Which goes to show us that beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder :) I think there's even a thread about this someplace on the forum.

Ashley_Victrola
United States
Joined 5502 days ago

416 posts - 429 votes 

Message 13 of 14
03 July 2009 at 6:03am | IP Logged 
That's too bad no one likes Romanians. I do. Anyway, we should get back on topic. I am just bumping this thread so people who play the game will see ie.

Ashley_Victrola
United States
Joined 5502 days ago

416 posts - 429 votes 

Message 14 of 14
09 July 2009 at 12:00am | IP Logged 
---bump---

This discussion contains 14 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version