China
Joined 5534 days ago

670 posts - 892 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: Mandarin

Message 9 of 11
11 August 2009 at 12:20am | IP Logged 
krog wrote:
My girlfriend had all four Nicht Lustig books, but she threw them out before I could
read them... #sigh#

Aww, that hurts :(

krog wrote:
What other good German comics are there? What about that Werner thingy, is that any
good?

Mhm.. do you mean the movie? Yeah, it's watchable. Depends on your humor. But know that you remind me, if you guys can get your hands on "Das kleine Arschloch" (cartoon movie), that's something really funny. As for webcomics, I don't know, most I read are in English. Check out the blogroll of beetlebum, maybe there is something for you.

krog wrote:
I have absolutely no idea. The only (web)comics I read are Achewood and Penny
Arcade.

What, you don't read Cyanide&Happyness (!!), Diesel Sweeties, XKCD (!!), Questionable Content (!!), or any of the others? :D [Sorry, all Engish though]

krog wrote:
Is there a German Viz?

Viz?

krog wrote:
RE: Badesalz - for me, almost on the edge of being funny, I don't think my German's
anywhere good enough to enjoy it though.

:D
1 person has voted this message useful

krog
Diglot
Austria
Joined 5848 days ago

146 posts - 152 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Latin

Message 10 of 11
11 August 2009 at 12:09pm | IP Logged 
Pyx wrote:

Mhm.. do you mean the movie? Yeah, it's watchable. Depends on your humor. But know
that you remind me, if you guys can get your hands on "Das kleine Arschloch" (cartoon
movie), that's something really funny. As for webcomics, I don't know, most I read are
in English. Check out the blogroll of beetlebum, maybe there is something for you.

krog wrote:
I have absolutely no idea. The only (web)comics I read are Achewood and
Penny
Arcade.

What, you don't read Cyanide&Happyness (!!), Diesel Sweeties, XKCD (!!), Questionable
Content (!!), or any of the others? :D [Sorry, all Engish though]

krog wrote:
Is there a German Viz?

Viz?

krog wrote:
RE: Badesalz - for me, almost on the edge of being funny, I don't think my
German's
anywhere good enough to enjoy it though.

:D

'Das kleine Arschloch' - I've seen a book of this in the library. So I'll be getting
that out.

Viz: http://www.viz.co.uk/

I know the German equivalent of Private Eye is supposed to be Titanic - is that any
good?

Pyx
Diglot
China
Joined 5534 days ago

670 posts - 892 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: Mandarin

Message 11 of 11
11 August 2009 at 12:18pm | IP Logged 
Never heard of any of those, sorry. If you like comicbook style things, you can check out things by Ralf König, especially "Der bewegte Mann". (-> http://books.livingsocial.com/books/420248-ralf-kanig-der-be wegte-mann-pretty-baby-comic?ref=search-title )
It's gay literature, but if you don't mind that, it's very funny :)

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version