Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

CZ’s TAC 15 CHN/JPN/KOR

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
844 messages over 106 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 ... 105 106 Next >>
The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5436 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Korean

Message 265 of 844
01 October 2010 at 3:42am | IP Logged 
I can do 200 a day, but then I'll learn like 5 words a day for the next week. I need a little more consistency (not as in learn 200 words a day consistency lol.)

The next couple days, I gotta wrap up quite a few dramas and watch the Liar Game movie.
1 person has voted this message useful

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5436 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 266 of 844
02 October 2010 at 2:45am | IP Logged 
Finished My Girlfriend is a Gumiho and watched today's episode of Invincible Youth. I'm gonna watch the Liar Game movie in a few minutes.

Went to dramabeans and under the scripts, there's a nice guy giving Megaupload scripts of some dramas in Unicode format, meaning I don't have to hassle with downloading something using Korean instructions. (I got the Coffee House scripts and looking up every unknown word.)

For some reason, for the past two weeks, Korean text just disappears and I can't find out why. It disappears (some letters are missing when I try to input it into Anki [but the whole sentence shows up during reviews], using Wordpad, websites, etc.) but then comes back later as if nothing was wrong. Hasn't happened with Japanese yet.

Edited by The Real CZ on 02 October 2010 at 2:51am

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5436 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 267 of 844
03 October 2010 at 4:54am | IP Logged 
Today was one of the least productive days in a while, but also very productive in another way.

I'm using drama scripts to look up unknown words in both Korean and Japanese. It's easier to obtain the Japanese scripts, since they're on a website, but most of the Korean ones are in a .hwp format, and I gotta download a Korean software program (that DLs really f**king slowly.) So, for now, I gotta stick with the ones in Unicode format (not too many of them, sadly.) Just for the record, I'm mining Coffee House's script for Korean and Shinzanmono's script for Japanese.

It looks like I'll be spending 40-60 minutes every day just doing reviews, and probably another 1-2 hours making new cards. Doesn't bother me though, since I want to passive knowledge faster. I can't continue to progress in chatting with natives over IM if I still can't understand a lot of what they're saying. I'm adding roughly 30 cards, so probably 30-75 new words a day. It's lower for Japanese, but I'm starting to recognize the readings a bit easier in the compound words. RTK, might get done by the end of this month, definitely in November this time. I mean it this time. I already promised to finish it 94580345 times since last summer.

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5322 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 268 of 844
04 October 2010 at 8:38pm | IP Logged 
The Real CZ wrote:
As for the awful accent, I know who you're talking about. SNSD made fun of her a lot in Hello Baby. That chick was on Misuda (the show where they had foreign women talking.)

I had forgotten all about this post until Saturday, when I finally got to that episode of Hello Baby. That is definitely the person I meant and 수영 and 서현 were eerily accurate with their impressions of her.

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5436 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 269 of 844
05 October 2010 at 1:59am | IP Logged 
Did Soshified ever finish subbing that series? They were so slow with HB that I watched every episode raw (before I started watching only raws.)

--

Finally got the software to read .hwp files for Korean drama scripts. I was downloading it at night, and it was going 5 kb/s. I woke up this morning, thinking "Well, it should be done in 5 hours, so better start now." It actually downloaded at full speed this morning, so now I have a lot of drama scripts now. The Japanese site I use for drama scripts is very good, but they don't have Liar Game Season 2. >.>

(Speaking of Liar Game, this song played a few times during the movie and now I'm addicted to it and a new fan of capsule. capsule - Love or Lies

This week I have 3 exams (ones a lab exam, so very little, if any at all, studying for that) and I gotta write a rough draft of a research paper by next Tuesday. For this week, I unfortunately gotta do a 1 hour limit for each language when it comes to watching shows (usually 2-3 in Korean, 1-2 in Japanese.) I'm Korean, so the math exam should be fairly easy, but the damn paper will take up a lot of time.

Edited by The Real CZ on 05 October 2010 at 2:04am

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5436 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 270 of 844
06 October 2010 at 3:05am | IP Logged 
Starting something new with kanji and Japanese words. Learning them how I normally do, but throughout the day, make sure I remember them, and then add them to the SRS at the end of the night. For kanji, it has worked, as I was able to know all the meanings as I was adding them (looked at 28 of them today.) For Japanese, well, I thought of this idea 10 minutes before I left for school, so I only got 9 words down (5 sentences.) I'm gonna cram the about 15 more sentences (roughly 30 words) before I go to bed. Then work on a bunch of SRS reviews.

Tomorrow, I'll be lucky to even watch any dramas in my target languages. Gotta do a lot of a research (mainly picking which articles are worth using, which takes up a lot of time) and preparing for two more exams.

Toda Erika's new drama starts Friday, so Friday has become my favorite day for TV (that + Invincible Youth.) IY has been lacking lately (still good though,) but mainly Sunday has a lot of awesome shows.

Back to my SRS. I cannot wait for this week to be over...

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5322 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 271 of 844
07 October 2010 at 5:32am | IP Logged 
The Real CZ wrote:
Did Soshified ever finish subbing that series? They were so slow with HB that I watched every episode raw (before I started watching only raws.)

Not yet. They've subbed 16 episodes (and that thread mentions "6 left" so there are apparently 22 total). The last one I watched was episode 14, so I've only got two subbed ones remaining. :-/

BTW, I got a Droid X yesterday, so I can do my Anki reviews on my phone now...woohoo! On that note, it is *insane* how many apps in the Android Marketplace are Korean related. What really surprised me is that one of the Korean keyboard IME apps is actually from Google and even adds Korean voice recognition along with it (the phone already does voice searches out of the box, but not for Korean words)...wow! o_O

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5436 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 272 of 844
08 October 2010 at 3:03am | IP Logged 
I'd get a smartphone, but it'd be as unused as a diet plan for a fat chick. I hardly use my regular phone. >.>

--

Cramming the vocab and kanji throughout the day has been a giant help for my reviews. I remember at the same rate I remember Korean words. I hope I get to the point in Japanese where I only need to see the word once or twice like Korean instead of 5 or so times.

Anyway, I skipped my final class of the day (got done with a math test early, didn't want to wait two hours for that class. I waited three hours to take that stupid test. Yeah, my schedule sucks this semester.) But, when I got home, I did more vocab mining. I'm getting a lot of words where I have to look up the Korean definition (no English translation being available,) only to not understand the definition. Oh well, just more words to add to the SRS lol.

Tomorrow, I'll be working on my retarded argument paper all day, so I'll be saving Invincible Youth and SPEC for the night time.

I've also been doing something recently to help combat my music addiction (where I'll just listen to Korean/Japanese and surf the Internet in English.) Well, this mainly applies to the SRS. I have to do a decent number of SRS reviews before I can listen to the song again. It helps me get done with the SRS, especially at night.

This discussion contains 844 messages over 106 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version