Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

CZ’s TAC 15 CHN/JPN/KOR

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
844 messages over 106 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 ... 105 106 Next >>
The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5429 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Korean

Message 305 of 844
14 November 2010 at 2:03am | IP Logged 
Well, at least you'll know some useful words if a Korean girl ever pisses you off lol.

Anyway, IY/RM/Heroes not airing didn't kill me since Keizoku 2: SPEC aired this weekend (it didn't air last weekend) and that totally made up for it. Also watched Q10 since Maeda Atsuko is in it (she's the face of AKB48.)

I was going to watch some more Beethoven Virus, but I was going through Lee Yeon Hee withdrawal, so I rewatched "Hello Schoolgirl." The Korean title is totally different, so I wonder who translates the titles sometimes lol. I watched this movie (and other Lee Yeon Hee movies) last November while reading the subs. Obviously, I rarely watch anything while paying attention to the subs these days, and I was surprised how much I understood. I felt good about my comprehension, until the movie ended. 2 hours isn't enough lol. I know for sure over Thanksgiving break I'll be watching the two other movies with Lee Yeon Hee that I already watched.

I also can't wait until her new drama comes out next year. It was supposed to air like 8 months ago. It was one of those dramas done by a third party with no set broadcaster (it's becoming common nowadays,) so all the shooting is done already.

As for the SRS, I added 30 cards for Japanese (15 grammar items, 2 sentences per grammar item) and 20 cards for Korean, all vocabulary based. No new kanji today again.

For reading, I read 15 pages in the Korean book I'm reading and 25 pages in the Japanese book I'm reading.

Well, I put off my homework all day, so I'll be doing that with some background music.

Edited by The Real CZ on 14 November 2010 at 2:06am

1 person has voted this message useful

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5429 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 306 of 844
17 November 2010 at 3:41am | IP Logged 
Busy busy busy. SRS reviews are backing up, haven't added anything new. Should get some reviews done tomorrow night (got stupid orientation to go to.)

Watched T-ara's Hello Baby. By the looks of it, it's only going to be two episodes.

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5429 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 307 of 844
21 November 2010 at 1:32pm | IP Logged 
I went a week without reviewing/adding anything to the SRS because of my schedule, so I finally got the reviews done yesterday. (Also had to suspend some cards.) Chatted with some Korean people online the other day, and aside from that, doing the usual.

Glad that Kara came back for Korean promotions.

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5315 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 308 of 844
21 November 2010 at 5:27pm | IP Logged 
I haven't added much to my SRS lately either, but I have been keeping my reviews up.

I noticed that Kara was on the list of performers for yesterday's Music Core, but I'm still a few episodes behind on music shows, so I haven't watched that episode yet. I guess now that SNSD and Kara both have their new albums out, it will be time for another YesAsia order soon.

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5429 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 309 of 844
21 November 2010 at 6:31pm | IP Logged 
Hold off on that order for a couple of weeks, since T-ara's mini album is coming out soon. I wish I had a job, because for now, all I'm gonna buy is T-ara's mini album.

For music shows, I just watch my favorite artists instead of the whole show.

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5315 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 310 of 844
22 November 2010 at 4:13pm | IP Logged 
The Real CZ wrote:
For music shows, I just watch my favorite artists instead of the whole show.

I used to do that, but it's a bit easier to just grab the full shows (though I still go back and get selected HD cuts of my favored artists later for more long-term use), it includes dialog sections, I've learned about several groups that I've come to like that I wouldn't have even known about otherwise, and M-Countdown even throws in some entertainment news. On the flip side, it takes longer to watch through the full shows and there are several artists that I don't like (but I've just started skipping those anyway).

I have considered dropping a couple of them instead of watching all four, though. If I had to choose an order of preference, it would probably go: Music Bank, Music Core, and then a tie between Inkigayo and M-Countdown (as both have good and bad points, but neither seem quite as good as the other two shows, in my opinion).

Actually, if I include Sketchbook (which is the only one that I watch English-subbed) and Challenge 1000 Songs, then that is six "music" shows a week to watch, so I have to watch an average of about one a day just to stay caught up...hehe

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5429 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 311 of 844
22 November 2010 at 6:14pm | IP Logged 
Yeah, Music Bank has the best sound system, so I always enjoy the Music Bank performances the most. And just be happy, you don't watch Kim Jung Eun's Chocolate lol.

--

I heard Lupin in Japanese today. Sounds weird after hearing it in Korean a few hundred times.

T-ara's concept photos came out last night and they were hawt. MV comes out tonight, so tonight after school I gotta watch T-ara's new MV and the first episode of Moon Chae Won's new drama.

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5315 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 312 of 844
22 November 2010 at 6:37pm | IP Logged 
Music Bank also has better captioning. Music Core tends to make the lines shorter and stay for less time, and Inkigayo is bad to incorrectly caption songs for some reason. M-Countdown has decent captioning, but the font is notably smaller than what the other 3 use. The advantage to Music Core is more music time (no song rankings, news breaks, interviews, etc.) and the occasional outdoor venues.

I've watched several performances on Chocolate, but I don't watch it regularly, partly due to the fact that I can't easily get them subbed like I can Sketchbook (yeah, I know...I should just watch them unsubbed). One thing I like better about Chocolate, though, is that they actually caption the music (which Sketchbook *very* rarely does).

I didn't realize they had released Lupin in Japanese. I'll have to find that. It definitely sounds weird hearing a different version of a song you have gotten so used to. Like when my MP3 player would break into the English or Chinese version of "2 Different Tears" (before I removed the non-Korean versions from my MP3 player) and my brain goes: "Huh? That's not right."

Speaking of T-ara, I noticed that the new member was in the promo images for Hello Baby 3, so I guess they've finally officially acknowledged the addition now. I found it humorous on the HaHa Mong show episode that there was an obvious extra sleeping location (the bunk above where 은정 sleeps) in the dorm, but no extra member occupying it.

Edited by Warp3 on 22 November 2010 at 6:43pm

This discussion contains 844 messages over 106 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version