Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

CZ’s TAC 15 CHN/JPN/KOR

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
844 messages over 106 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 51 ... 105 106 Next >>
The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5430 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Korean

Message 401 of 844
31 March 2011 at 3:08am | IP Logged 
Yeah, that's the problem I have with sentences. I memorize the sentence (by doing so many reps, not by intention) but when I read an article and encounter that word, I'm on Naver looking it up.

Kpop was good in March. What songs did you like? I loved Jieun's Going Crazy and Girl's Day's Twinkle Twinkle.
1 person has voted this message useful

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5316 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 402 of 844
31 March 2011 at 3:42pm | IP Logged 
The Real CZ wrote:
Kpop was good in March. What songs did you like? I loved Jieun's Going Crazy and Girl's Day's Twinkle Twinkle.

I've only watched the first weekend of music shows for March thus far, so I haven't heard the new Girls Day song yet (I downloaded a stage performance of it, but those are more for archival reasons since I now delete full music shows after watching them). I agree that 송지은의 song is quite good, though.

As for previous songs, it took a few plays but 5dolls' 너 말이야 has caught on in my head now (even more so since part of 티아라 joined in on the stage performances). Speaking of which, when I heard there was going to be a 5dolls/티아라 joint stage, I thoroughly expected this to be the opportunity to see the two sisters performing together. It really surprised me that this was not the case.

Speaking of 티아라, 왜 이러니 took residence in my head quite a while back and still hasn't let go (it's easily the most manually selected song on my MP3 player right now). In fact, that's the first song of theirs that I can honestly say I like better than 거짓말. (I like several other songs of theirs as well, but none of had them unseated 거짓말 as my group favorite until now.)

Another song I've recently latched onto is "Black and White" by G.Na. That song is very catchy and also taught me the useful idiomatic phrase: 말도 안돼 (which roughly translates to meanings like: "That's preposterous." or "No way!" or "That's crazy talk!") Her previous singles didn't really impress me, but this one I like.

I'm not really big on rap groups, but Mighty Mouth's 톡톡 (feat. Soya) isn't bad, either.

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5430 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 403 of 844
31 March 2011 at 7:53pm | IP Logged 
Tok Tok was addictive. I didn't start watching them live until their last week of promotions, so I was a bit disappointed. I try and like 5dolls (I don't dislike any of their songs), but it's still Chanmi and her 4 backups. Good thing I like Chanmi the most overall. As for T-ara, Bo Peep Bo Peep got me into them, but I love them because of Falling U and TTL. G.NA...I can't get past her face. Either she's really ugly or she got bad plastic surgery, or both.

April is looking to be a good month. I like 4minute's new song, but it's so different from what they released that it sounds like one of their Japanese songs.

My new goals now, since I took a month off from Korean and two from Japanese, is just vocab, some grammar, and improving passive skills. I'll focus on active skills seldomly and more down the line, but these aren't languages I have to learn anymore, aside from entertainment reasons.

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5316 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 404 of 844
31 March 2011 at 8:42pm | IP Logged 
The Real CZ wrote:
As for T-ara, Bo Peep Bo Peep got me into them, but I love them because of Falling U and TTL.

Falling U never did much for me. {shrug} I wasn't very fond of T.T.L. initially but it's grown on me since then and is one of my favorite T-ara songs now. I also forgot to mention that I've grown to rather like 몰라요 from their new album as well.

Quote:
I like 4minute's new song, but it's so different from what they released that it sounds like one of their Japanese songs.

The only song I'm aware of that 4minute has out that is new is the Japanese song "Why". Have they released something in Korean as well?

Quote:
My new goals now, since I took a month off from Korean and two from Japanese, is just vocab, some grammar, and improving passive skills. I'll focus on active skills seldomly and more down the line, but these aren't languages I have to learn anymore, aside from entertainment reasons.

I've actually been somewhat the opposite lately. I've finally started doing some forum posting in Korean (though still not nearly enough) and have even spoken with a couple local Korean speakers recently (which is the first speaking that I've actually done with native speakers since starting on Korean a year and a half ago).

I think my problem is that my studies had been *too* passive thus far. Speaking with a local flower shop owner (who is actually half-Korean (from Busan, no less) and half-Japanese and speaks both fluently) for a couple hours (as much in Korean as possible, but still too much English) was the first time I've really felt mentally fatigued from trying to process Korean in real-time since I finished Pimsleur last year. I've been picking up plenty of passive vocabulary, but I've not been getting my brain used to parsing it on the fly and fabricating responses. After that conversation, I actually noticed I was finding myself naturally concentrating harder on the audio when watching Korean TV or listening to podcasts and picking up far more than before since I was actually trying to extract the meaning rather than just listening passively. When conversing I *had* to try to process the meaning, so it took far more concentration than I'd been used to using which made me realize how passively I'd been listening to other content.

Edited by Warp3 on 31 March 2011 at 8:43pm

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5430 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 405 of 844
01 April 2011 at 12:27am | IP Logged 
I haven't actively used Korean very much lately. It'll probably take me a month of being passive for me to feel comfortable again. I can chat with Korean friends on facebook and other sites, but not in real life lol. All the Asians at my university are Chinese.

sage74
Groupie
United States
Joined 5219 days ago

40 posts - 52 votes 

Message 406 of 844
04 April 2011 at 4:34pm | IP Logged 
Looks like you're still making good progress, keep up the good work!

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5430 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 407 of 844
07 April 2011 at 3:30am | IP Logged 
Haven't done much with Korean this week aside from SRS and music. All of the shows I like are on the weekend. It's been mainly Japanese for me though.

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5430 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 408 of 844
11 April 2011 at 2:27am | IP Logged 
Not gonna really do anything this week. Gotta work on a paper that's worth around 25% of my grade.

This discussion contains 844 messages over 106 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version