Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

CZ’s TAC 15 CHN/JPN/KOR

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
844 messages over 106 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 ... 105 106 Next >>
Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5315 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 169 of 844
03 July 2010 at 7:19am | IP Logged 
I know that for me, personally, I'd find it hard enough thinking up things to say on the fly like that in English, much less in a target language. You may want to try starting off by writing down what you want to say first, then reading that on camera (like I've seen some others do in videos of this type). Then later, once you're more comfortable with it, switch back to "winging it" again. (At least that's how I plan approach it if/when I ever decide to do this.)

As for the "AJATT camp" reference, are you referring to the "input only" aspect of AJATT or something else?
1 person has voted this message useful

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5429 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 
Studies: Japanese, Korean

Message 170 of 844
03 July 2010 at 1:23pm | IP Logged 
Yeah, mainly input. I do practice writing in Korean when I chat with some of my friends on MSN, other Koreans on Shared Talk and such, but writing is a lot easier than speaking.

I did try to semi plan what I was going to talk about, but putting that into sentences was the hard part.

And that was sadly the first time I talked in probably three months aside of singing along with some songs (and even then, that's just words here and there. >.>)

I also need to show this to some of my Koreans friends and see what I need to work on in pronunciation. I know I messed up some consonants (I guess I can distinguish better by listening than by speaking...)

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5429 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 171 of 844
04 July 2010 at 2:34pm | IP Logged 
Yesterday I finally made an entry on Lang-8 after all these of months of having an account there. For some reason, even though I know the rule by heart, when I write/speak, I always mix up 이/가 좋아 with 을/를 좋하해 and mix the particles. I'll just have to practice not making that mistake.

Also learned a new grammatical form through a correction, and since it was in none of my books, I had to look it up online, and I'm glad I have a website in my favorites that has a lot of Korean grammar. Site is here. It was Verb + 기(를)/길 바라다= hopes/wishes that (somebody) will VERB. I'm glad that was corrected, because I used Verb + (으)ㄹ 걸 바라다 before it got corrected.

I also showed my video to one of my Korean, and he said based on that video, I need to work on intonation, reducing the accent in general, and work on distinguishing the ㅈ,ㅉ,ㅊ noises better.

Hmm, today I probably won't get much done. My aunt is having a cookout in the afternoon, so I'll have to do everything in the morning.

aerielle
Korea, South
korea.calliston
Joined 5112 days ago

36 posts - 42 votes
Studies: Korean

Message 172 of 844
04 July 2010 at 5:47pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for posting a link to the Korean Grammar Dictionary website. I'd never heard of it
before and it looks really helpful.

I dislike writing in Korean, so I don't do it often. Lang-8 is great, though. Good luck
with everything. The more you use 이/가 좋아 and 을/를 좋하해 the less likely you'll be to
mix them up. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5315 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 173 of 844
04 July 2010 at 6:05pm | IP Logged 
Usually when I'm trying to look up a grammar rule, I go to either:
http://ezcorean.com/all_grammar.php (and search the page for the ending)
or
http://parksguide.blogspot.com/

However, I like the layout of the one you just posted *much* better (and it seems to have more content and more examples). Thanks for the link. (In fact, I just used the page you linked to confirm my recently developed suspicion that the (으)며 form is pretty much just a synonym of the (으)면서 form.)

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5429 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 174 of 844
04 July 2010 at 7:33pm | IP Logged 
Korean Wiki Project

It is fairly new, made by the people of Talk To Me In Korean (a lot of former Korean Class 101 staff members,) so in time, that'll also be a great place to go.

I have seen Park's Guide before, but that focuses on general grammar, which would be good if I didn't know most of it by now.

--

You're welcome, both of you, for that site. At first I didn't want to trust it, but when I saw the author's name on the page, I knew it was good, because he's a co-author of Elementary and Continuing Korean.

--

HaHaMong Show ep 1/2 (the pilot doesn't count as episode 1 I suppose,) so time for me to go watch that.

--

Late night edit: HaHaMong Show was hilarious. It focused on the making of Lee Hyori's rap video, and they showed it at the end. Next episode look great, it has Kara in it.

I showed my video to a Korean friend that I chat with a lot, and he was honest about how bad I was (most Koreans are really lenient. Say a simple sentence and "Your Korean is awesome!" He said it was awful and to work on everything.

Edited by The Real CZ on 05 July 2010 at 6:42am

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5429 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 

Message 175 of 844
06 July 2010 at 3:01am | IP Logged 
Today was one of those days where it seemed like part of the day just disappeared. Last night I stayed up until 2 am and woke up 7, and then fell asleep around 10 and woke up around noon, so the whole morning was wasted...

I watched a couple hours of Korean dramas and so far just a little anime. No reading, grammar study, or kanji study so far today.

Did some chorusing for Korean. I just go to Korean-edu.com, and in their lessons, they have quite a few dialogues, and you can click the microphone icon to the left of each line and practice each line by itself (can't really do that with CDs.)

I also decided which two actors I'll be copying for speaking. Yoon Si Yoon for Korean and Abe Hiroshi for Japanese (and no, my voice isn't anywhere close to these guys. I just like them as actors.)

Edited by The Real CZ on 06 July 2010 at 3:03am

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5315 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 176 of 844
06 July 2010 at 4:57pm | IP Logged 
The Real CZ wrote:
Late night edit: HaHaMong Show was hilarious. It focused on the making of Lee Hyori's rap video, and they showed it at the end. Next episode look great, it has Kara in it.

Hmm...I haven't heard of that show. I'll have to check it out.

---

That reminds me. I watched the Jun 26 episode of Sketchbook last night (that date is based on the KBS World airing, not the original South Korean air date which is usually a couple weeks earlier). The guests were Wonder Girls, Lyn, and some other singer I can't recall the name of at the moment. However, the reason I bring it up is that Lyn did some acoustic covers of some other artist's songs (similar to what IU did on the same show about a year ago) which I found rather interesting. The songs I can recall that were covered were: "Oh!," "Bo Peep Bo Peep," "너 때문에 미쳐," "Heartbreaker," and "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang." I think that's all but may have missed one or two.

The Real CZ wrote:
I also decided which two actors I'll be copying for speaking. Yoon Si Yoon for Korean and Abe Hiroshi for Japanese (and no, my voice isn't anywhere close to these guys. I just like them as actors.)

I told myself I needed to do the same thing when I read the post about this on the "Korean in Kuwait" blog, but I had forgotten all about it, so I haven't taken the time to find a person to mimic yet.

This discussion contains 844 messages over 106 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version