platynota
United States
Joined 5250 days ago

14 posts - 30 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Persian, French, Arabic (Levantine), Portuguese

Message 65 of 171
20 February 2010 at 7:32am | IP Logged 
Sorry if this has already been stated: side 2 of lesson 17 from DLI's MSA is not part of the download package. Was it never made or simply missing? Please let me know! Thanks to infinity for the free courses!!!
1 person has voted this message useful

Saif
Bilingual Triglot
United States
Joined 5394 days ago

122 posts - 208 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Levantine)*, French

Message 66 of 171
20 February 2010 at 8:14am | IP Logged 
Thank you so much for these resources fat-tony! Is there a Pashto program?

liddytime
Pentaglot
United States
mainlymagyar.wordpre
Joined 6011 days ago

693 posts - 1328 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Galician
Studies: Hungarian, Vietnamese, Modern Hebrew, Norwegian, Persian, Arabic (Written)

Message 67 of 171
12 March 2010 at 12:04am | IP Logged 
DLI Swahili Basic Course

Does anybody have the audio for this one?!?!?!

DLI Swahili Basic Course

Thanks!

shadad
Pentaglot
VenezuelaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6439 days ago

38 posts - 41 votes
3 sounds
Studies: Arabic (Levantine), Spanish*, English, French, Italian, Portuguese
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, German

Message 68 of 171
13 March 2010 at 9:29am | IP Logged 
Wow, thank you so much! Has anybody tried the Greek course? How old is it? Is it demotic? And do these basic courses take you to basic fluency? Thanks.

Edited by shadad on 13 March 2010 at 1:32pm

platynota
United States
Joined 5250 days ago

14 posts - 30 votes

Message 69 of 171
13 March 2010 at 10:02pm | IP Logged 
Guys and gals, be very cautious before visiting PIRATES BAY . ORG. One of our members here posted links to the DLI French, which is hosted on piratesbay; a month or so ago, it worked great--no viruses--and the files were perfect. However, back at the end of February, I visited, and I was bombarded by no less than 7 infiltrations and had to completely redo my windows operating sytem. It wasn't a matter of viruses on the file, but on the pirates bay site itself.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Hobbema
United States
Joined 5523 days ago

541 posts - 575 votes 
Studies: Portuguese, French, Dutch

Message 70 of 171
13 March 2010 at 10:42pm | IP Logged 
No kidding. I'll never go that crap site again. I picked up a nasty rootkit just from navigating the site and it took me hours of research, dicking around, and a week total to get rid of it.

I didn't have any problems with the rapidshare site. If members on this site are using piratesbay on a regular basis for information and file sharing on topics mentioned here, it's my recommendation to discontinue.

liddytime
Pentaglot
United States
mainlymagyar.wordpre
Joined 6011 days ago

693 posts - 1328 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Galician
Studies: Hungarian, Vietnamese, Modern Hebrew, Norwegian, Persian, Arabic (Written)

Message 71 of 171
13 March 2010 at 11:47pm | IP Logged 
platynota wrote:
Guys and gals, be very cautious before visiting PIRATES BAY . ORG. One of our members
here posted links to the DLI French, which is hosted on piratesbay; a month or so ago, it worked great--no
viruses--and the files were perfect. However, back at the end of February, I visited, and I was bombarded by no
less than 7 infiltrations and had to completely redo my windows operating sytem. It wasn't a matter of viruses on
the file, but on the pirates bay site itself.

Yikes!!!

That's frightening.

I have yet to have any issues with Rapidshare

platynota
United States
Joined 5250 days ago

14 posts - 30 votes

Message 72 of 171
14 March 2010 at 7:38am | IP Logged 
Hobemma and Liddytime-- I haven't had any problems with Rapidshare either, in terms of viruses, browser leeches, etc at least. I wouldn't doubt that we'll enounter it in the future though.

I was using NOD32, since 2007, and never had a successful viral penetration till the pirate's bay visit. I noticed my firewall had been turned off and these notications from NOD32 that viruses had flooded the computer. I couldn't believe WTF was going on. Some were supposed to be in quarantine, though, and I needed to shut down to finish it. After the restart, the control panel and firewall could no longer be accessed, and no program in the start-up menu would work! Any external program (like on a CD) you tried to play on the computer practically failed. Funny enough, my laziness paid off because there were some short-cut links to various websites on my desktop, and THOSE WORKED, allowing me to get online. Various quirky things like that wouldn't be affected. So you from that experience, I recommend leaving a website shorcut, and maybe an antivirus download driver on your desktop! haha

Anyway, 134 dollars later, I have that all fixed and AVG antivirus. The good thing about a purchased AVG account/antivirus is you'll get statistics on every website listed on a search engine result page, and will tell you if it's save to proceed.

Here's an example for isohunt.com:

Safe: This page contains no active threats.
Explanation:
It is safe to proceed to this page.

Domain:

IP Address: 208.71.112.30

Scanned on: 03/14/10 00:32:13
(0.09 seconds to scan this page)

Ratings are provided by AVG. Site owners please contact AVG for questions.Keep up to date with the latest AVG news and updates. Visit the AVG website.

This discussion contains 171 messages over 22 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version