Tags: Bookshop | Arabic
 Language Learning Forum : Language Bookstores Post Reply
Juan M.
Colombia
Joined 5679 days ago

460 posts - 597 votes 

Message 1 of 6
06 November 2009 at 4:09pm | IP Logged 
Has anyone ordered from Arabic online bookstores? Please share your experiences here!

Stores that I know of:

http://www.alkitab.com/

http://www.almaktabah.eu/

I'm about to place an order with Almaktabah. I'll let you know how it went.

Edited by Juan M. on 06 November 2009 at 4:14pm

1 person has voted this message useful

translator2
United States
Joined 6699 days ago

848 posts - 1862 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 2 of 6
06 November 2009 at 7:52pm | IP Logged 
I have purchased DVDs from:

ARABIC DVD STORE

and was very satisfied.
2 persons have voted this message useful

liddytime
Pentaglot
United States
mainlymagyar.wordpre
Joined 6009 days ago

693 posts - 1328 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Galician
Studies: Hungarian, Vietnamese, Modern Hebrew, Norwegian, Persian, Arabic (Written)

Message 3 of 6
06 November 2009 at 11:13pm | IP Logged 
I was hoping to purchase the dvd set of إفتح يا سمسم - IFTAH YA SIM SIM (sesame street in formal arabic) I found several sites that have it but this site

http://www.24arabia.com/shop/iftahyasimsim157316011578158116 1015751587160515871605-p-1034.html

appears to be the original version.

Can anyone comment on this? Is the standard quality OK or does one need the high quality?

translator2
United States
Joined 6699 days ago

848 posts - 1862 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 4 of 6
07 November 2009 at 3:47am | IP Logged 
I purchased my copy of Iftah Ya Sim Sim on e-bay:

IFTAH FULL SERIES

Edited by translator2 on 07 November 2009 at 3:47am

2 persons have voted this message useful

liddytime
Pentaglot
United States
mainlymagyar.wordpre
Joined 6009 days ago

693 posts - 1328 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Galician
Studies: Hungarian, Vietnamese, Modern Hebrew, Norwegian, Persian, Arabic (Written)

Message 5 of 6
09 November 2009 at 7:45am | IP Logged 
translator2 wrote:
I purchased my copy of Iftah Ya Sim Sim on e-bay:

SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ150385150710QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_DVD_HD_D VD_Blu_ray?
hash=item2303a74af6">IFTAH FULL SERIES

How was the DVD quality of those? Decent?

Thanks!

Juan M.
Colombia
Joined 5679 days ago

460 posts - 597 votes 

Message 6 of 6
15 December 2009 at 12:18am | IP Logged 
I received my first order from Almaktabah.eu today and am glad to report that everything went fine.

I purchased three books. The ordering process is somewhat informal. First you choose the books you want and place the order. After a couple of days you're quoted an amount for shipping which you either accept, or decline and cancel the order. If you accept, the card is then charged and the books shipped. This process takes place by email.

Communication was very good and no email went unanswered. The books were dispatched the very next day that the credit card was charged (as evidenced by the postal stamp). Two of the books are of standard quality but a third is beautifully bound. They were also reasonably priced including shipping. They took short of four weeks to get from Lebanon to Colombia and arrived in perfect condition.

Things to consider: prices are not entirely fixed. The amount charged exceeded by USD4 what I was initially quoted. Also, the books were sent to the billing address rather than to the shipping address. Finally, an invoice with the full number of the credit card was packaged with the books. I find this to be an unnecessary risk as someone could for any reason get hold of the package and thus of your credit card number.

Overall I'm satisfied and happy with the experience and my books, and will most likely order from Almaktabah.eu again in the future. The books are of good quality, communication was prompt, helpful and reliable, and the price was sensible.

Recommended!

Edited by Juan M. on 15 December 2009 at 12:24am

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version