United Kingdom
Joined 5738 days ago

32 posts - 31 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian

Message 1 of 11
18 August 2008 at 1:40pm | IP Logged 
Hello,

I have Rapid Italian 1, I have used it on a casual basis and have some very good results and plan to buy number 2 by the end of this month, how ever on there website it states that there is going to be a third, fourth and fith volumes but I tried emailing the company for information but no reply, and I did a search and found berlitz have the exact product but with a berlitz sticker on it?

does any one have any info on the earworms programes/company, I was going to go to the language show in march and theres another one at the end of october http://www.thelanguageshow.co.uk/ in London in Olympia

it will be a shame if they dont bring out 3,4,5 because I think there good programes and I have learnt alot.
1 person has voted this message useful

BearBoi
United Kingdom
Joined 5738 days ago

32 posts - 31 votes
Studies: Italian

Message 2 of 11
08 November 2009 at 6:29pm | IP Logged 
I went to the Language show in London at the end of October, and I asked at the Berlitz stand when they would update their range i.e. from unit 2 and they told me they are going to release unit 3 next July and they plan to bring out one every year. For me that is too long to wait and the show last year I spoke to the M.D and he said they where going to bring out 3 and 4 this year, however lady said they some problems and so its being delayed

Felixelus
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6633 days ago

237 posts - 244 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 3 of 11
08 November 2009 at 9:56pm | IP Logged 
Are the Earworms programs any good? I saw them on the stand last year but was quite skeptical about how good
they actually could be...
How was the show in generally actually? I was gutted I wouldn't get to go this year!

Splog
Diglot
Czech Republic
anthonylauder.c
Joined 5464 days ago

1062 posts - 3263 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech
Studies: Mandarin

Message 4 of 11
08 November 2009 at 10:18pm | IP Logged 
Felixelus wrote:
Are the Earworms programs any good? I saw them on the stand last year but was quite skeptical about how good

I have used two of he Earworms courses (two volumes for French and one volume for Chinese) and they were enjoyable to listen to, and my retention level was high afterwards The technique, then, was very effective, and I am sure there is certainly a lot of potential there. However, they were also very very short. If there were a series of 10 volumes for each language they would probably be superb. As it was, with each of the courses it felt like I was just settling into it when it came to an end.

TerryW
United States
Joined 6152 days ago

370 posts - 783 votes 

Message 5 of 11
09 November 2009 at 12:17am | IP Logged 
There are decent length audio samples at audible.com:

Earworms on Audible

(See the green bar under the images) The "Vol 1 & 2" editions don't seem to work.

And if you click into the description pages and scroll down, you can link to the transcript book in pdf.

I think for some people, the background "music" would drive them batty. Do they use the same music track throughout?

Edited by TerryW on 09 November 2009 at 12:21am

Hashimi
Oman
Joined 6054 days ago

362 posts - 529 votes 
Speaks: Arabic (Written)*
Studies: English, Japanese

Message 6 of 11
09 November 2009 at 12:57am | IP Logged 

Splog wrote:
I have used two of he Earworms courses (two volumes for French and one volume for Chinese) ...

Why did you not use the 2nd volume of Chinese?

No need to tell me, I know :)

Splog
Diglot
Czech Republic
anthonylauder.c
Joined 5464 days ago

1062 posts - 3263 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech
Studies: Mandarin

Message 7 of 11
09 November 2009 at 9:56am | IP Logged 
Hashimi wrote:

Splog wrote:
I have used two of he Earworms courses (two volumes for French and one volume for Chinese) ...

Why did you not use the 2nd volume of Chinese?

No need to tell me, I know :)

Your second line is pretty cryptic. But, I didn't use the 2nd volume of chinese because I don't own it. In fact, I won't bother with any more earworms at all, unless or until there is a much longer set of volumes. There is simply too little in each of them for me.

schoenewaelder
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5355 days ago

759 posts - 1197 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German, Spanish, Dutch

Message 8 of 11
09 November 2009 at 1:49pm | IP Logged 
TerryW wrote:
There are decent length audio samples at audible.com:

They sound quite interesting. I would give them a try if I didn't already have a load of
other courses already lined up.

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version