cantonese.hk
Joined 6615 days ago

144 posts - 185 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, Cantonese
Studies: French

Message 1 of 3
02 January 2010 at 4:40am | IP Logged 
I'm struggling to work out how to type Croatian accents on an English Keyboard, how is this done smoothly and quickly without copy & paste?

Thanks.
1 person has voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6944 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 2 of 3
02 January 2010 at 4:58am | IP Logged 
If you have Windows XP:

1) On the menu bar on the bottom of the screen, right-click.

2) You will get a menu and at the top of a menu you will see an option called "Toolbars". Move the mouse cursor onto "toolbars" and then you click on the option "Language Bar"

3) Now you will see at the bottom right a blue square with a two letter code. This represents the default language code for your keyboard. If it's English, you'll see "EN"

4) Right-click on this blue square and then you will a small pop-up menu.

5) Left-click on the option "Settings" in this small pop-up menu.

6) You will get a small pop-up window entitled "Text Services and Input Languages"

7) On the right of this pop-up window, you will see the button "Add". Click on this button.

8) As the input language in the pull-down menu select "Croatian". Click "OK"

9) Click on "Apply" on the bottom right of the menu.

10) You will now have the option to reconfigure your keyboard as a Croatian one, by left-clicking on that blue square that I was talking about in 3). The code for an English keyboard is EN, while that of Croatian is HR.

1 person has voted this message useful

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6491 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 3 of 3
02 January 2010 at 10:33am | IP Logged 
Reconfiguring your keyboard will of course work, but I have problems remembering the different layouts, so I use the keyboard system of Lexilogos.org instead.

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version