nogoodnik
United States
Joined 5380 days ago

372 posts - 461 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Modern Hebrew, Biblical Hebrew, Russian, French

Message 17 of 19
25 December 2010 at 2:07am | IP Logged 
Thanks for mentioning Renan Luce back there. I'd never heard of him and am now enjoying one of his videos on you tube.

How did the raw veggie and fruit diet go? I'm considering trying something similar in order to increase my energy level and ability to concentrate (without coffee)

Anyway, good luck with your French
1 person has voted this message useful

cazgram
United States
Joined 5468 days ago

34 posts - 45 votes
Studies: French

Message 18 of 19
25 December 2010 at 6:13am | IP Logged 
I really enjoy Renan Luce...especially Repenti.

As far as the raw "vegan" thing...it's going okay. I've been on and off with it for the past six months, and generally when I'm on, I sleep about six hours a night (otherwise 8-10 + lots of coffee) with loads of energy to spare. I'd approach it with as much info as you can, especially if you want to do it more than a week or so.

cazgram
United States
Joined 5468 days ago

34 posts - 45 votes
Studies: French

Message 19 of 19
25 December 2010 at 12:03pm | IP Logged 
I sorted through eight pages of Le Petite Prince over the last two days, and have three sheets of wordlists (~150 words) to show for it. A lot of the words I feel like I know, but it's been a while. While I'm not sure how vital the wordlists are, I like making them because it gives me an excuse to physically write down the word. Also, it's kind of a portable dictionary, for when I can't hang around the computer all day, and I keep forgetting what that one word is.

I bought Chasseurs de Dragons a while back, a french cartoon about some wannabe dragon hunters that get in over their heads. It's about the most native media I currently own, so I'm working with it. The rest of what I have are french audio over English videos. I've gotten so used to Hulu that it's frustrating to not be able to use other countries video delivery services as well.

In the past, I utilized amazon.fr, so I'll probably return to that once I get a bit more money. I'm still hunting for a worthwhile french-based tv series.   I bought Kaamelott under the impression that it was a sort of comedy/drama about the knights and the court...which I guess it is. But most of it is way beyond me, so I'm not sure. And it's very short clips that apparently aired here and there throughout the seasons of other shows, so it's not really enough context to absorb much.

This discussion contains 19 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version