Groupie
Netherlands
Joined 5196 days ago

41 posts - 42 votes
Speaks: Georgian*, EnglishC2, Dutch

Message 97 of 431
29 May 2010 at 10:43pm | IP Logged 
გამარჯობა ფილ,

ვფიქრობ შენი ბოლო პოსტი შექებას იმსახურებს, რადგან საკმაოდ გამართული და ბუნებრივი
ქართულით დაგიწერია.

ჰოლანდიურიზე ცოტა ხელი ავიღე. საქმე იმაშია რომ ძირითადი ჩემი საქმიანობა ამჯამად სწავლაა,
ხოდა თავისუფალ დროსაც სწავლა ცოტა მეზარება.

რაც შეეხება ჩემ მომავალ გეგმებს, მომავალ წელს ისევ აქ ვიქნები. შემდეგ ზუსტად არ ვიცი ჯერ.
მინდა სამეცნიერო მუშაობა გავაგრძელო. ვნახოთ. კიდე, მინდა შვილები გავაჩინო :) საქართველოში
საცხოვრებლად დაბრუნება ჯერ-ჯერობით არ მინდა. იქ ჩემი თავის რეალიზებას ვერ ვახდენ ისე
როგორც მე მინდა.

მომავალში ინლისში დაბრუნება და ბაღის გაშენება კარგი აზრია.

აბა დროებით! :)

მარი
1 person has voted this message useful

TixhiiDon
Tetraglot
Japan
Joined 5243 days ago

772 posts - 1474 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese, German, Russian
Studies: Georgian

Message 98 of 431
31 May 2010 at 8:05am | IP Logged 
გაუმარჯოს!

ხვალ საფრანგეთში წავალ და ჯერ ბევრი მზადება მაქვს, ამიტომ ეს პოსტი ცოტა მოკლე
იქნება. დიდი მადლობა ქათინაურისათვის! მინდა ყოველთვის ბუნებრივი ქართულით
დაწერო, მაგრამ ძალიან ძნელია ჯერ კიდევ ჩემთვის. უნდა მომთმენი ვიყო!

ევროვიზია უყურე? რასაკვირველია აქ იაპონიაში ვერ ვუყურე, მაგრამ წაიკითხე
ინტერნეტის სტატიაში რომ საქართველოს სიმღერა მეცხრე ადგილზე გავიდა. გერმანიის
წარმომადგენელმა გაიმარჯვა და ინგლისის წარმომადგენელი, სამწუხაროდ, საბოლოო
ადგილზე გავიდა :( ვფიქრობ რომ ევროვიზიის სიმღერები ჩვეულებრივ საკმაოდ ცუდია,
მაგრამ მიუხედავად ამისა, მე ბედნიერი ვარ როცა იმარჯვებს ინგლისი ან ქვეყანა
რომელიც მიყვარს :)

საფრანგეთიდან იაპონიაში 10 დღის შემდეგ დავბრუნდები.
აბა დროებით.
Phil

ENGLISH:
Hello!

Tomorrow I'm going to France and I still have a lot of preparations, so this post will
be a little short. Thanks very much for the compliment! I want to write natural
Georgian all the time, but it is still very difficult for me. I have to be patient!

Did you watch Eurovision? Of course here in Japan I couldn't watch it, but I read in
an article on the Internet that Georgia's song came ninth. The German representative
won and the British representative, unfortunately, came in last place! I think that
the songs on Eurovision are usually really bad, but even so I am happy when England or
a country that I love wins!

I'll be back in Japan from France in 10 days.

Later,
Phil

In her last post, Mari was kind enough to say that my Georgian read very naturally in
my previous post. Sadly I don't think this one can continue the trend. I am getting
familiar enough with the language to know when my Georgian doesn't sound right, but I
am not yet skilled enough to make it sound right. This must be my
first plateau, I suppose.

After much searching though, I finally found a site that stocks novels in Georgian and
is willing to post them to Japan. I immediately ordered a couple and managed to hunt
down an English translation for one of them. I'm still waiting for them to arrive (I
was hoping they'd be here for my long flight tomorrow, but sadly not) but when they do
I am really eager to get stuck into some serious bilingual text reading. This will
hopefully give my vocabulary a well-needed boost and kick me off my plateau.

Edited by TixhiiDon on 31 May 2010 at 11:06am

dragonfly
Triglot
Russian Federation
Joined 6258 days ago

204 posts - 233 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, EnglishC2, Spanish
Studies: German, Italian, Mandarin

Message 99 of 431
02 June 2010 at 10:19am | IP Logged 
Hi!
I suppose it was your story I read in syzygy's poliglots' book. You have had very interesting experiences with language study. It's always pleasant when foreigners say they love my country! When you started your log here I wondered why on Earth would a man learn such a rare language! Turned ouy just for fun of it! Good luck with your studies and on your trip!

marich27
Triglot
Groupie
Netherlands
Joined 5196 days ago

41 posts - 42 votes
Speaks: Georgian*, EnglishC2, Dutch

Message 100 of 431
03 June 2010 at 11:44am | IP Logged 
გაუმარჯოს!

თეთრი შურით მშურს შენი, რადგან, როგორც უკვე გითხარი, მეც ძალიან მინდა საფრანგეთის ნახვა.
კიდევ ძალიან მინდა ესპანეშიი ჩასვლა. შენ ნამყოფი ხარ ესპანეში? შენ ძამას ოჯახი ყავს? ქალაქში
ცხოვრობს თუ სოფელში?

ევროვიზიის რაგაც ნაწილს ვუყურე, კი. მაგრამ, შენ მართალი ხარ, როგორც წესი საშინელი
სიმგერებია, ყოველ შემთხვევაში ჩემი აზრით. ქართველი გოგო მომეწონა, არაუშავდა. თუმცა მგონი
ჯობდა სხვანაირი სიმღერა შეერჩიათ. უფრო თანამედროვე. გამარჯვებულიდან გამომდინარე, სჩანს
ხალხს ასეთი სიმგერები მოსწონს.ინგლისის წარმომადგენელი ახალ ზუსტად არ მახსოვს. სულ
რამოდენიმე სიმღერას მოვუსმინე მთლიანობაში.

დღეს სულ ეს არის. აბა შენ იცი! კარგი დრო გაატარე!

დროებით
Mari

zhiguli
Canada
Joined 6220 days ago

176 posts - 221 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Russian, Mandarin

Message 101 of 431
06 June 2010 at 2:19am | IP Logged 
TixhiiDon wrote:

After much searching though, I finally found a site that stocks novels in Georgian and
is willing to post them to Japan.

Would be interested in knowing your source. I've long been searching for such a place.

TixhiiDon
Tetraglot
Japan
Joined 5243 days ago

772 posts - 1474 votes 

Message 102 of 431
11 June 2010 at 12:34am | IP Logged 
Well, I'm back from my holiday to France, during which I studied Georgian for a total
of about 15 minutes on the TGV from Paris to Perpignan. I did actually speak a
surprising amount of French though, despite not having studied it for almost 20 years.
It's good to know that all that knowledge (or at least some of it) was lying dormant in
the murky depths of my brain and had not disappeared completely.

Dragonfly, yes that was me in the polyglot book. Thanks for reading. I only wish my
fluency in your language had kept pace with my enthusiasm for your culture over the
years!

Zhiguli, the website is FromRussia.com. Just type Georgian into the search bar.
There's not a great selection but more than enough to be going on with. I have no idea
how reliable the site is as the products I ordered have not yet arrived, but it didn't
look particularly dodgy!

And Mari, gamarjoba! I will write to you just as soon as I've unpacked my suitcase and
washed my dirty laundry!

UPDATE: The books I ordered from FromRussia.com arrived safe and sound yesterday - they
are really nice (they're the first books written in Georgian I have ever seen!) and
arrived in perfect condition, so I guess I can now go ahead and recommend the website
wholeheartedly.

Edited by TixhiiDon on 11 June 2010 at 11:19pm

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5921 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 103 of 431
12 June 2010 at 1:15am | IP Logged 
TixhiiDon wrote:
Dragonfly, yes that was me in the polyglot book. Thanks for reading. I only wish my fluency in your language had kept pace with my enthusiasm for your culture over the years!

What book is this?

TixhiiDon
Tetraglot
Japan
Joined 5243 days ago

772 posts - 1474 votes 

Message 104 of 431
12 June 2010 at 1:42am | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
What book is this?

It's a project set up by a YouTube linguist called syzygycc. He thought it would be a
nice idea to put together a collection of writings from polyglots and language fans who
are either on YouTube (such as Laoshu) or at least watch YouTube videos made by
polyglots
(such as me) about their experiences with language learning. I thought it was a nice
idea too so I wrote a piece and sent it to him. He's eventually going to edit it and
publish it online, but for now you can read the unedited version if you look up his
channel on YouTube and follow the link.

How about writing a piece and sending it in to him Ellasevia? I'm sure your story
would
be interesting to many other people out there.

EDIT: Here's the link to the unedited version so far.
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/42282963/The-Polyglot-Project-_D raft-June-5_-2010_

Edited by TixhiiDon on 12 June 2010 at 1:46am

This discussion contains 431 messages over 54 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version