Learning a phonetic script in a few hours

Language Learning Forum : Specific Languages Post Reply
irishpolyglot
Nonaglot
Ireland
fluentin3months
Joined 5426 days ago

285 posts - 892 votes 
Speaks: Irish, English*, French, Esperanto, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Sign Language
Studies: Mandarin

Message 1 of 1
26 January 2010 at 3:13am | IP Logged 
Hey guys - normally I wouldn't write on the forum just to link to posts from my blog, but this one has gotten over 40,000 hits on stumbleupon in the last few days so there must be something interesting about it! So I'd like to share it with you :)

I'm curious to hear your viewpoints. I managed to abandon romanisation in just a few short hours using simple image association techniques. This week I've got a good hold of tones (will post video soon). Others have told me this technique would work just as well in Japanese and other languages, although I wouldn't know since Thai is my first Asian language.

It's part of my experiment to learn how to speak and read Thai in 8 weeks. You can read the post here:
Any phonetic script can be learned in a few hours

Any other thoughts on the blog would be appreciated, as it's been a while since I mentioned it on this forum and it's popularity has grown quite a lot since then.

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version