babyface4ever
United States
yahoo.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4814 days ago

4 posts - 4 votes
Studies: English

Message 9 of 21
22 January 2011 at 3:38am | IP Logged 
I am Italian American and want to get better with both Italian and Spanish and other Latin derived Languages . I just became a member and look forward to learning on this site .
1 person has voted this message useful

babyface4ever
United States
yahoo.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4814 days ago

4 posts - 4 votes
Studies: English

Message 10 of 21
23 January 2011 at 8:07am | IP Logged 
orcoelbisso wrote:
hi i'm giacomo from italy, i have the same target of Massimo, so i'm available to take a buddy to trade Italian/english e-mail.contact me please throughout this forum.
oh, one question please. Why you study Italian? for yours personal knowledge or other reasons?
than you
Yes , I appreciate the help

Okda
Diglot
Italy
Joined 4806 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes
Speaks: Italian*, English

Message 11 of 21
31 January 2011 at 1:07pm | IP Logged 
Here I am!
Hello everybody, I'm an Italian guy and I have the same task of Massimo and Giacomo. I'd like to improve my English and I can offer my knowledge of Italian languege. To all of you, looking for someone to exchange a written or (maybe) a spoken corrispondence with, I'm available and I'll be very grateful to take your help and offer mine.
Thank you :)

hster
Sweden
Joined 4786 days ago

10 posts - 11 votes
Speaks: Italian

Message 12 of 21
19 February 2011 at 1:12pm | IP Logged 
Hello,

I am a native (American) English speaker and I am looking for a native Italian speaker. I need to practice speaking Italian and so I am looking to have Skype chats in Italian. I would like someone who has "high brow" interests such as philosophy, and/or history and/or current Italian politics and/or Fellini. My ability is intermediate, if only because I have spent too much time on it to describe myself as a beginner, but my speaking ability is very poor. However, I suspect it will improve pretty quickly because of all the work I have done so far.

In return, I am happy to offer my services in whatever way suits you. I have advanced degrees in the humanities and so I suspect that I would be best for someone who really wants to polish his or her English as I can be quite nitpicky and explain the nuances of the language quite well. But that is up to you. If you are more of a beginner that is fine also--especially if you think we would line up well in terms of interests. If you want Skype chat from me that is fine; if you want editing, that is fine also.    

I want someobody who is interested in a minimum of 2+2 hours each week, two hours of Italian for two hours of English, but frankly, I'd prefer someone who interested in 1+1 hours per day.

I had an Italian tutor who flaked on me after two lessons, so I am not looking for a repeat of that.

I'm in Europe on a normal schedule and I'm available most any time except early evenings.

Please send me an PM if you are interested.

Thanks,
Victor

Edited by hster on 19 February 2011 at 1:24pm

tmurphydoc
Joined 4782 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes

Message 13 of 21
23 February 2011 at 4:20pm | IP Logged 
Hi, my name is Tom and I am from the US. My native language is English and I would like to find a pen pal to exchange e-mails with. I saw Massimo's post and thought this was a great idea. If anyone here would like to exchange e-mails from time to time that would be great. Maybe we could type in both Italian and English and correct each other.

Have a great day!

Tom
tmurphydoc@comcast.net

xander.XVII
Diglot
Italy
Joined 4813 days ago

189 posts - 215 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, EnglishC1
Studies: French

Message 14 of 21
23 February 2011 at 9:08pm | IP Logged 
tmurphydoc wrote:
Hi, my name is Tom and I am from the US. My native language
is English and I would like to find a pen pal to exchange e-mails with. I saw Massimo's
post and thought this was a great idea. If anyone here would like to exchange e-mails
from time to time that would be great. Maybe we could type in both Italian and English
and correct each other.

Have a great day!

Tom
tmurphydoc@comcast.net

I would like to!
Xander
andyxx93@hotmail.it

Write if you're interested in,thank you.

hster
Sweden
Joined 4786 days ago

10 posts - 11 votes

Message 15 of 21
23 February 2011 at 10:05pm | IP Logged 
xander, did you get my personal message? I replied to yours.

hster
Sweden
Joined 4786 days ago

10 posts - 11 votes

Message 16 of 21
18 April 2011 at 2:40pm | IP Logged 
I'm still up for trading your Italian expertise for my English expertise on Skype, so if anybody is interested, see my posts earlier in this thread and let me know if you are interested either here in the thread or in a PM.
Thanks

This discussion contains 21 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 13  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version