hommegalant
United States
Joined 5188 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes
Studies: French

Message 1 of 4
23 February 2010 at 7:08am | IP Logged 
Hello all,

This is my first post here. I have a question concerning the FIA textbook. The one I ordered, from Amazon, appears to only have one "document" per lesson, and it never corresponds to any of the workbook exercises (usually near the end) that require reading a document dans le texte. This, no doubt, is some edition issue, but I do not want to order another unless I am sure I get the right one. Or is there some place online to view these other documents?

Merci bien,
Hommegalant

PS - I plan to write complete reviews of Pimsleur French, FIA, and FSI at somepoint down the road after I have completed them. I am working through all three simultaneously.

1 person has voted this message useful

BobMc
United States
Joined 5448 days ago

36 posts - 47 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 2 of 4
24 February 2010 at 2:18pm | IP Logged 
I wish I had the answer for you, but in fact, I have the same exact question. Hopefully someone will be able to point us in the right direction. Could you post the link or isbn of the textbook you purchased?

Here is the copy I recently purchased (but have not yet received):
French in Action Textbook

Once I receive it, I can see if it was designed to work with the audio I have. I see on amazon that there is audio from 1994 and audio from 2003.

dleewo
Groupie
United States
Joined 5618 days ago

95 posts - 131 votes 
Studies: German, Mandarin

Message 3 of 4
27 February 2010 at 7:28pm | IP Logged 
BobMc wrote:

Here is the copy I recently purchased (but have not yet received):
French in Action Textbook

That is the book I have and the correct one. Basically, you need to look for books that are all "Second Edition".

The book your bought (and which I also have) is the hard cover version that has all 52 lessons. There is also a paper back version that has been split into 2 books, each covering 26 lessons.

BobMc
United States
Joined 5448 days ago

36 posts - 47 votes
Studies: Spanish

Message 4 of 4
01 March 2010 at 10:16pm | IP Logged 
Thanks dleewo - greatly appreciated.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version