Diglot
United States
Joined 5739 days ago

146 posts - 153 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French, Japanese

Message 1 of 3
05 March 2010 at 3:17am | IP Logged 
Hola a todos; estoy buscando libros en español. He leido el primer Harry Potter, y eso tiene un nivel bueno para mi. Pero el problema es que es una traducción, y tambien, ya lo habia leido en ingles, asi que no es ideal para avanzar mi nivel de español. Me gustaria saber si ustedes saben de algunos libros escritos originalmente en español, de un nivel cerca o un poco más alto de Harry Potter. Mis temas favoritas son la fantasia y la ciencia ficción, pero cualquier tipa de ficción sería genial.

Muchas gracias!

Hi everyone, I'm looking for Spanish books. I've read the first Harry Potter book, and I found that I understood it well. It's a translation though, and I've read it before anyway, so it isn't the greatest for learning. I'd like to know if you guys know of any good books, written originally in Spanish (not translations of English works) at a level of difficulty similar to or a little higher than that of Harry Potter. My favorite genres are fantasy and science fiction, but any kind of fiction would be great.

Thank you!

Edited by LittleKey on 05 March 2010 at 5:30am

1 person has voted this message useful

FamusBluRaincot
Triglot
Groupie
Canada
Joined 5348 days ago

50 posts - 114 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, French
Studies: Mandarin, Italian

Message 2 of 3
06 March 2010 at 9:21am | IP Logged 
Isabel Allende has written three juvenile fantasy novels which I’m sure you would like. They are: “La ciudad de las
bestias”, El Reino del Dragon del Oro”, and “El Bosque de los Pigmeos”.

There are lots of books and stories in audiobook form available for free download. Many of them have PDF files that
you can also download. I could give you a list of some sites, but you should be able to easily find them yourself by
googling around.

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6226 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 3 of 3
06 March 2010 at 1:35pm | IP Logged 
The free etexts thread may interest you.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version