Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
eccodandini
United States
Joined 5284 days ago

21 posts - 22 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 1 of 2
21 March 2010 at 4:35pm | IP Logged 
Hi all, I'm muddling my way through the DLI Romanian course right now, and I'm in the market for a comprehensive resource (book) on Romanian grammar. I liked the "Using.." series for Using Italian and Using German---but it seems equivalents for Romanian are hard to find. Any suggestions?
1 person has voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6942 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 2 of 2
21 March 2010 at 5:38pm | IP Logged 
Try the following:

1) www.seelrc.org:8080/grammar/mainframe.jsp?nLanguageID=5 (Somewhat technical but quite comprehensive)

2) www.fsi-language-courses.org/Content.php?page=Romanian (A concise guide on Romanian grammar created by staff at the Foreign Service Institute)

3) Gönczöl-Davies, Ramona "Romanian: An Essential Grammar" (Most of the book is viewable on Google Books and from what I can see it's the nearest thing available to a book in the "Using..." series but with more detailed explanations on grammar to go with example sentences. It costs about $35 on Amazon)
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version