Diglot
Germany
Joined 5102 days ago

1256 posts - 2363 votes 
Speaks: German*, English

Message 9 of 10
24 June 2010 at 1:01pm | IP Logged 
loveroflanguage wrote:
I guess my biggest problem is not so much the grammar but that I cannot figure out how to structure sentences and it is frustrating. Is there any one set of particular rules to remember in order to structure a sentence that people will be able to understand me?

I think that once you've mastered typical Arabic structures such as Ḥāl sentences you'll eventually realize that the sentence structures aren't that much different. What kind of sentence structures in particular do you have problems with?
1 person has voted this message useful

staf250
Pentaglot
Belgium
emmerick.be
Joined 5479 days ago

352 posts - 414 votes 
Speaks: French, Dutch*, Italian, English, German
Studies: Arabic (Written)

Message 10 of 10
07 September 2010 at 5:45pm | IP Logged 
loveroflanguage wrote:
I guess my biggest problem is not so much the grammar but that I cannot figure
out how to structure sentences and it is frustrating. Is there any one set of particular rules to remember in
order to structure a sentence that people will be able to understand me?

My question 3 months after your post: "Do you still have the problem of "not to figure out how to structure
sentences"" ?
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version