Speaks: English*, German, Spanish
Studies: Russian, Latin, Ancient Greek

Message 1 of 1
27 April 2010 at 11:17pm | IP Logged 
I would like to ask your opinions on the best grammar books in these languages:
Spanish
German
Russian

With the exception of Latin, I am looking for grammars that are written in the language it deals with. I am looking for something similar to A Concise Grammar of Contemporary English by Randolph Quirk and Sidney Greenbaum, which I consider one of the best concise English grammar books.
This may seem inexplicable to some, but I am actually looking for old grammars. I own some from the fifties and sixties that don't dumb down the content that I really enjoy. Also, I am just vain enough to prefer books that have nice hard covers that look nice on book shelves.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version